Friday, March 26, 2010

“Something” Fridays

I know we're all about the alliterative titles around here, so I'm working on a name for this. “Top Five Fridays” won't work because I don't intend to always have five items to post, but we'll see.

Basically, I'm trying to make myself contribute a little bit more -- and since finding good tweets and rock and roll songs have been my favorite things to do for this blog, that's what I'll go with for now. Here are some cool songs and funny tweets to start the weekend.

Nick Curran and the Lowlifes -- Rocker

This is the only song from this album that I can find on youtube, but I think it captures the proceedings nicely -- as AllMusic says: "Reform School Girl sounds like something along the lines of Little Richard backed by the Misfits with Phil Spector recording the proceedings in his garage."

Anyway, I haven't been this enamored with a record since I was talking up Those Darlins last summer. It's been on repeat for about two weeks now.

Big Star -- September Gurls

I guess I'll also follow every other blogger even remotely interested in music by posting a Big Star song since Alex Chilton died recently. Listen to anything they ever did, and you'll swear it's a song you've known all your life, even if you're hearing it for the first time.

Best Ozzie Guillen tweets (Ozzie = OIA's official twitterer until Stic starts updating us on his poolside antics again):

Back to work loved is hard very hard but loved 6:54 AM Mar 19th via txt

Great dinner very good have fun 7:01 PM Mar 17th via txt

Happy st. Patrick day big day in chitown go green yesssss drink safe please and please don't drive enjoy 5:42 AM Mar 17th via txt

Today is the birthday of one of my favorite people ever frank you are the best happy birthday my great friend and is not thomas 10:15 AM Mar 9th via txt

Magic larry great rival great basketball ever 9:17 PM Mar 6th via txt

Bed and bath I love this places 2:28 PM Feb 25th via txt

2 comments:

JJBA said...

The White Sox are by far and away my 2nd favorite team. They would be 1 if not for Diaz.

Barstool69 said...

he posted that tweet after watching the HBO special about Byrd/Magic. good stuff.