Sunday, March 21, 2010

Need Help

While lounging by the pool Saturday afternoon, I came up with the bright idea to start my own merchandising line. One of the reasons Vinnie Mac was so successful early on in his heyday was because of his ability to market and brand his product, the WWF.

Keeping this in mind, I have decided to create some t-shirts to market my own "brand" if you will. Pmac's extensive knowledge of the t-shirt making industry combined with my ability to run my mouth should produce the first line of shirts in no time. Obviously I'm not looking to make any money off of this venture, this is more for entertainment purposes.

What I need from OIA members or anybody for that matter is some of your favorite Slic' quotes or sayings and possible logo recommendations. I'm looking to get this project up off the ground quickly so I can wear these shirts to the pool, weight room, Beachbum, or wherever. Of course anybody who wants a shirt for themselves will get one too.

As an added bonus, those of you whose suggestions I use will receive a prize to be determined at a later date (probably free drinks somewhere). Thank you in advance for your participation.

22 comments:

Pl0we said...

logo: a picture of you in a suit holding up the four horsemen sign

Quotes
"I'm Back"
"Only in America"
"I Have more fun with the Gold Card"

Slic Ric said...

I enough for a second line of shirts now.

Pl0we said...

"Hey Hot Pants"

anymouse said...

Obvious one, but "When you live life in the fast lane..."

Weazle said...

My friends/enablers think my drinking problem is funny.

Barstool69 said...

way to change the tone weazle

Slic Ric said...

Weazle are you trying to bait me into a rematch in Bell's yard at Beachbum?

Weazle said...

Nah, I just think that would be a funny t-shirt...that or the subliminal message you sent via the title of this post: "need help." My friends/enablers think my drinking problem is funny, as well. Sign me up for one.

Pl0we said...

rick we could market these shirts. We could make a commercial and put it on youtube.

Slic Ric said...

There will be a promo or 2 and when the first shipment arrives 1338 is throwing a product launch party.

sauers6 said...

have rick's face on it with a tie around his head like he was rambo (ripping off that espn commercial." and on the back have it say. "Come with me if you want to get hit by a car."

Shane said...

If you do ever start a wrestling franchise (?) I would like to join. My name would be 'Rigor Mortis' and my finishing move would be the 'Post Mortem' (some sort of rack...).

Slic Ric said...

I will keep that in mind.

Weazle said...

I would also like to join this league as either Rigor Mortis' tag team partner or most hated foe, "Rick Moranis." I just think it would be interesting to hear the commentators during the match. "Rigor Mortis throws a hay maker on Rick Moranis, Rick Moranis looks like he is going down...Rick Moranis is back on his feet and chasing around Rigor Mortis, Rick Moranis is really pissed but Rigor Mortis is about to set in..." and so on and so forth...My finish-him-move would be "The Honey I Shrunk The Kids" and it will consist of a swift kick to the baby basket.

Shane said...

Rick, you're fired. Me and Bunger are gonna do our own thing. Thanks anyway.

Your friend,
Shane

Slic Ric said...

Weazle if you teamed with Shane how could you not be the Gruesome Twosome.

Slic Ric said...

Come on Shane you know handles the firings around here. I'm not gonna fire myself.

Shane said...

Ok Ok. We're back in.

I'm thinking we could have a twist where me and Bunger are both enemies (Rigor v. Moranis) but also tag team partners as the gruesome twosome (incognito, of course). And the whole time we didn't know the other person's true identity. Just a brainstorm- putty for your molding, oh captain my captain.

Weazle said...

The apex of this story arc could be when Rigor Mortis and Rick Moranis have a match against the Gruesome Twosome...It would play out much like the Brady Bunch episode where Peter has two dates and once.

Snuffy said...

Create a shadow image of Rick's face, like the Che t-shirts. Or "Schwarz has a Posse."

sauers6 said...

call me the croc-hunter

Weazle said...

Sauers6 seems to be confused about what this post is about...there's only one Croc Hunter in these waters.