Thursday, March 04, 2010

RIP Robbie



Robbie Ryan, BC class of 2006, died earlier today. I do not intend to start any sort of tradition of using the blog to announce the deaths of people we know. I think it would be inappropriate. However, I cannot help but mention a few things regarding Robbie's life and how I knew him.

He was two classes below me at Benedictine, and with his loss, the entire Benedictine family feels hurt. He was a really good guy. I remember him being a really nice guy as a sophomore at BC, and that's saying something considering how most guys behave when they are that age. He played O-line for BC, and Chadwick was his coach during my senior year. I remember people used to joke about how he looked like Chadwick.

It sucks when people die, especially those who are close to us. While I wasn't particularly close to Robbie, some of my good friends are, and I know it's really hard for them right now. I heard the news a few minutes after I got off the phone with one of my best friends, Larry. I was telling him how excited I was to celebrate my best friend's birthday in Atlanta with more of my best buds. Upon hearing the news about Robbie, I thought about what it would be like if I lost any of yall. I don't know what I would do. Life is too short to lose friends over mistakes, dumb arguments, or girls. I vow not to do so.

At this time of great sorrow, our prayers are with Robbie's friends and family.

7 comments:

Denny said...

Robbie was a good friend of mine and he will be missed.

PMac said...

I didn't know him all that well, but he went to Blessed Sacrament and I believe he was in my battalion senior year. Just a quiet and nice guy who didn't mean any harm to anyone. Prayers go out to his friends and family.

JJBA said...

Every time he walked into the BC gym at basketball games, especially his senior year, he would get a big ovation from his fellow students. I didn't know him real well outside of a few encounters, but I know he was as well liked as almost anyone.

Sir William Wallace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sir William Wallace said...

Great guy, he could make anyone laugh. It's a strange feeling to have two classmates pass away far too early, especially when you just talked to one of them a little over a week ago. It reminds you to consider every moment on this earth a blessing.He will be missed

Pl0we said...

I didn't know him very well, but he was a fellow BC brother. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Joe said...

Well put, Donnie.