Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Go 4 Da Gold

Today, Mike Wingster tagged me in a video on Facebook.(If you don't remember Wingster, he was the one who got into a fistfight with Bryan Gray at half-court during the 2003 beatdown of SHS by Benedictine). The video is a tribute to Savannah's own Casey Mitchell, who's in the rotation for a top 10 West Virginia team. It's a pretty cool video but for all you young professionals, it's got some naughty words so don't open it at work.

So why do we here at OIA care about the video? I just thought it was weird that he tagged me in it. I doubt he even knows who I am. But today is a Tuesday and Benedictine is playing in its biggest basketball game ever. And they are a bit of an underdog. If you asked Wingster and Mitchell about Benedictine's chances as an underdog in a big game on a Tuesday night, they'd probably like our chances. I like our chances. Great teams play great when it matters. GO CADETS.

5 comments:

Denny said...

I was hoping we could at least keep it close. Oh well.

Denny said...

the rubber court is killing us apparently. the ball just isn't bouncing like we are used to on the hard court and it is affecting everyone on the team. also their rims are not the break away kind. they are bolted and very stiff, and we don't shoot the ball very well anyway so you can get the idea of how our shooting is going to be.

JJBA said...

Thats what happens when a football school doesn't invest a thing in basketball.

Thomasville is very good though. Looking back on things its hard not to wonder what would've happened if Jabri was healthy for the 2 region games.

Barstool69 said...

i thought he was joking about the court being rubber. wtf?

Snuffy said...

I hope this is the last time I have to do this. His name is JIBRI, not Jabri.

It looked like a tile court to me, like the one at JBC. But I can guarantee you that neither the court, nor the rims played a factor in the loss. Before a shot can "rim out" a shot must first be taken. We were not able to get off very many shots. Thomasville had plenty of open looks and made just about every single one of them. If we played them at BC, we may have been able to keep it under 15.