Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I Think I'm In Love

I know certain powers-that-be on this blog aren't exactly the biggest fans of my themed Top 5 “music posts,” as they've come to be known, so I realize I might really be treading on thin ice with them by posting this. But I also feel like I have to talk about this with somebody, so here goes.

This record is the greatest thing I've listened to in years. Years. And I like to think I listen to my fair share of records.

Those Darlins are three broads from Murfreesboro, Tenn., whose decision to form a band was the best thing to happen in that state since P-44 Haynes. This thing is pretty much equal parts garage rock, oldy-time country and Phil Spector girl-group pop. It's like they were created in a lab specifically to make me fawn over them like a school girl.


I know most of you could give a damn about this, but like I said, I just needed to voice my feelings on it somewhere. Half the record is on their MySpace page here, and clips of every song are here on their Web site. The whole thing is also out there. If you know where to look.

Anyway, just do me a favor, give them a listen and let me know if there's something wrong with me for going crazy over this thing. I'll buy you a drink on Tybee Friday night or something.

Carry on. Let's get back to making Stic famous.

3 comments:

anymouse said...

Alright then.

Shane said...

Relax Craig.

A wise person once said "your mind is like a parachute..."

JJBA said...

are u Mysterion?