Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Randar Thoughts.

1.) Although Barstool was more right (righter?), in his post responding to my comment at the little blog that could OITO, I am still not convinced that I was wrong.

I just think we accounted for the transactions in a different manner. You, my dear friend, accounted for the transaction on the accrual basis method (or, as illustrated in your 'hypo', when Rick drank the drink). I, on the other hand, accounted for the transaction on the cash basis method (when rick purchased the drink)

You were more correct as the accrual method is generally the GAAP-preferred method. I, however, was not wrong and feel that an apology is overdue.

2.) Rick, you are ridiculous.

3.) I played basketball on Tybee yesterday and that was probably the most worn out I have been in quite a while. The talent level on Tybee isn't quite as good as it is at other places, but the people that play down there work there asses off. That and the gym is much nicer than the Islands Y (_fill in comment by Donnie about ponds here_). Also a man who claims to be 58 years old (who's probably around 40) shouts words like Zut and other French expletives.

4.) If you haven't had a chance to visit our sister blog over at A Day in the Life...Part 2 yet, you are in for a treat. I think this is a new blog -- def new to me, and potentially my new fav -- but my favorite post titled "The difference in [sic] a southern boy and a southern gent" is about our beloved friend....well, I think it goes without saying.

Quotable quote:

"Take note from these boys: money CAN buy you everything, and then some."

JKush welcome to the family!!

15 comments:

Slic Ric said...

Shane you are on a posting roll.

Carrel_Fan said...

almost as impressive as your golf game tonight

Weazle said...

why do you keep trying to push rick's post down?

Barstool69 said...

If this blog is every going to get to the big time, we need to feature Rick more than ever. I think everyone should be limited to no more than 2 non-Rick posts a week.

Also, should we get a hot girl to join the blog? Does anyone know any? The only two girls' numbers I have are MJ's and C-Fan's friend.

PMac said...

1.)I will say we have a new fan base in Alabama because of Rick, so him being the face of the blog isn't that far fetched to take this thing off. Fender has done a nice job promoting OIA over there.

2.) Never thought of the hot girl thing. Kinda interesting. I'm sure there are just so many hot girls out there waiting for an opportunity to write for OIA.

Slic Ric said...

Schiv, I agree with the hot girl idea. EDSBS has Holly and they are a national power. I think that would be an excellent way of kind of reinventing ourselves. It would attract a wider demographic. It could be the kind of extra push OIA needs to get to where we want to be.

And I promise over the month of May there will be plenty of blog worthy material when it comes to Slic.

Slic Ric said...

I have no problem being the flagship of this blog. Everybody get on Slic's back and we will strut and woooo our way to the top.

Barstool69 said...

Shane I'm sorry that you thought that comment was me saying I'm sorry, because it wasn't.

Can I make a motion for official "hot girl" tryouts? They should each get one post to write about whatever topic they want, and then we vote on who to let in.

PMac said...

I'll second the motion provided we have any applicants.

Slic Ric said...

Once again like your idea Schiv. I am completely behind this. I have one girl in mind. We need to make a list of potential participants and then contact them accordingly about this excellent opportunity.

Shane said...

Enough with the apologies, Barstool. I get it. Your. Sorry.

Now can we just move on?


Is slic another person or is Rick writing in 3rd person?

Hot girl tryouts should include other things -- not just writing ability. I think a speech would be a good idea. Kind of like an oratorically contest mixed with a Beauty Pagent.

Barstool69 said...

Quotable quotes:

"JKush welcome to the family!!"

She's not going to hook up with you Shane.

Slic Ric said...

I like to float in and out of the third person narrative every now and again.

Barstool69 said...

Okay I think everyone should make nominations for the next week or so and then we'll compile a list and proceed from there. We can develop the standards on the fly based on what would best suit the girl we most want to win.

Pl0we said...

can i be a judge for the hot girl tryout?