Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Version of Last Weekend (Long)


There really is no way I can follow up with a recap after reading Slic’s post. However, I’ve had 2 requests to make an effort, so I’ll do my best. So while Rick’s post has some fuzzy details, I’ll just fill in where he hadn’t. So we start with Thursday night…

Thursday Night:

- Receive a phone call from Mr. Schwarz inviting me to a porch party at 8pm. Asked who all was invited and was told Slic and Capt. Morgan. Guess that sums things up.
- Come back to the apartment to find Rick sitting on the porch drinking Capt. Morgan and cranberry, listening to Jimmy Buffett.
- Take Rick to Churchills
- Get lots of texts and phone calls. Don’t respond to any.


Friday Night:

- Bad storms roll through Atlanta, but apparently plans to go out aren’t changing.
- Am told that Fender and 2 ladies from Alabama are in town and they are having a house party. Knowing the combo of Rick and Fender isn’t a good one, I decide to play it safe and skip out on the night. I'm thinking I'm smart.
- Receive a phone call from Rick at 10:32pm. Let it go to voice mail: “Wonder why they call you bitch.” Fender chimes in that “I’m fired.” It would be the first of many this weekend.

Saturday:

- Rudely awakened at 8am by a slammed door. Obviously I know who it is. Shit. Try to go back to sleep, but get 2 knocks at my door. I try and act like I’m asleep, but I start getting texts asking if I’m at the apartment. Being curious, I decide to open the door. Rick is dressed in a grey suit with his Georgia tie and ready to head back out.
- Rick takes 2 shots of Firefly at 830am, packs up 3 bottles of liquor from the bar and leaves.
- Decide to head over to check on Rick around 12:30 after going to hit some golf balls.
- Find both him and Fender outside yelling at Master Sergeant Osorio on the phone. He’s told that 3 Cadets are accounted for and are awaiting orders. I don’t think he’s amused.
- Also find that the ladies have left Fender and Schwarz to themselves downstairs in the bar area. Little did they know…
- Fender and Schwarz trade off doing shots of Firefly, Wild Turkey, Capt. Morgan, and Evan Williams. Finish all of the bottles by 2pm.
- Fender thinks it’s a good idea to chop people. After a weak attempt on Schwarz, Rick gives him the business and puts him on the floor.
- Meet the 2 lovely looking ladies from Alabama. Wish I had come over the night before knowing about these two. Top 2 material.
- A wasp makes it into the house and lands on the floor. Rick steps on it and then gives it the People’s Elbow while the ladies watch. Man was it tough.
-Fender passes out and Schwarz remains strong. Gotta say I’m very impressed by both party’s drinking ability. Or rather disgusted.
- Brief break from the crew to have dinner with the family. Run back to Berkshires to get Tucker.
- Rick takes the crew to Mellow Mushroom and I’m told paid for dinner. $100 down already. That doesn’t count the $40 he paid for everyone’s lunch and the $25 that was spent on everyone’s booze.
- Tucker comes over and meets everyone who suddenly have shown up at the apartment.
- Rick changes into a new suit that I’ve never seen before. The ladies compliment the outfit. I just laugh.
- Go back to the house and proceed down to Buckhead. A lot of Spanish was being thrown around in the cab and none of it made sense. These illegals gotta go.
- Go to East Andrews. Probably won’t go back. Hell, may not even be allowed back. A few guys start yelling at Rick. Rick wasn’t kidding when the Miller Light bottle went in his pocket in case anything got crazy.
- Rich McKay’s son shows up and hangs out with the girls. McKay’s wife must have been hit with the ugly stick.
- Rick orders dozens of shots. I guess he didn't realize we weren't at Bourbon St. where shots are like a $1. A $100 tip later and he has spent an absolute shitload. Bells start ringing and the bartender hugs Rick. Probably thought Rick was a high roller or something.
- Fender fires everyone at the bar.
- Around that time Emily calls the bartender an asshole and the rent-a-cop gets involved. Time to go.
- While Rick and Fender take care of the situation, Jennie and I try and take the party somewhere else. Some douchebag calls her out on her ID and some big ass cop gives her 2 options. She wisely turns around. Damn cops. If Jennie reads this, I’m sorry.
- Rick pulls out $200 at the ATM and for some reason throws it in the backseat of the cab. When the money suddenly disappears, he tells the cab driver to have an early Merry Christmas and a Feliz Navidad. Only problem was that the cab driver was from Pakistan. Oops.
- The end of the night gets blurry for me. I do know that another Makers bottle was opened and downed within a few hours. I was told it was a Fender special.

So there you have it. Not a whole lot different than the previous post. Had a lot of fun and watched a whole lot of money get spent for the 2nd weekend in a row. Schwarz and Fender together make quite the combination and I believe Fender made Rick very proud. It was a Horsemanesque performance. I just don’t think Tuscaloosa needs to see the 2 of them together next weekend, but then again maybe we should make that road trip. I'd atleast enjoy the company of our 2 new lady friends.

5 comments:

anymouse said...

"Find both him and Fender outside yelling at Master Sergeant Osorio on the phone. He’s told that 3 Cadets are accounted for and are awaiting orders."

Best part.

Charlie Dodson said...

Feliz Navidad!!!

I knew it wouldn't be long before Buckhead fell victim to Rick's Reign of Terror.

See you on Beach Bum, Swarz.

Snuffy said...

The brunette smiles too hard.

Gordon Gecko said...

Is that a yellow shirt with a white collar? I like your style, Rick.

Fender said...

There was a hurricane warning issued today in tuscaloosa