Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Next Big Thing

The only candidate receiving Slic' Ric and the Horsemen's official endorsement...

I would like to formally nominate Ms. Jennie Kushner of Alpharetta, GA for the honor of becoming our very first and only female blogger. Jennie is currently a student at the University of Alabama. She is an aspiring journalist who expresses herself through several media outlets including, but not limited to, The Crimson White (University of Alabama’s school newspaper) and her very own blog entitled A Day in the Life… Part 2. She is absolutely everything we are looking for in terms of our very first female blog contributor. She is smart, confident, flamboyant, opinionated, and pretty damn good looking if I do say so myself (a 16 on the Slic’ scale which is actually an 11 on regular 1-10 scales). She reminds me a lot of myself, a female Slic’ if you will. This blond Bama bombshell is the total package. I have had the honor and privilege of visiting with her on several occasions and she seems to lead a pretty exciting and adventurous lifestyle, once again much like myself. Bottom line, it would almost be like having two Slic's on the blog at once. We all know such a move would result in ratings gold and a significant jump in viewership, especially among the female population. That’s a completely untapped demographic we are not reaching at all now after Ally left under such strange circumstances. Just like when "The Perfect 10" Baby Doll joined the elite and illustrious group known as the Four Horsemen back in August of 1986, here in 2009 it's time for Only in America to pick up our own Perfect 10. This time around though, the name isn't Baby Doll, it's Jennie Kushner.


With Slic as the flagship and Jennie along for the ride, we'll be winning blogging world championships in no time. So let’s recap Ms. Kushner’s qualifications as it pertains to what I understand the judging criteria to be for now:

1. Looks
Just look at the picture. If you don't think she's gorgeous you're either gay or you like ugly girls (not that there's anything wrong with that). I give her a 16 times World Champion kind of WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

2. Ability to compose compelling and entertaining blog postings
I endorse her writings because I feel she writes with emotion and passion. She doesn't hold back which gives her articles a bit more of an edge. This is the style of composition that sparks conversation and multiple comments. That is exactly what we are trying to achieve in our postings. Controversy creates cash. Outspoken like Slic', Jennie can be quite the controversial character which is a compliment, not ridicule.

I will let you be the judge. Here are the links to some of Jennie’s Crimson White articles as well as a link to her blog (the link is also posted under our “Blogs of Interest” section as well as Mr. Murray’s post from earlier):

http://www.cw.ua.edu/30-day-tobacco-free-challenge-to-kick-off-tuesday-1.1634005

http://www.uwire.com/Article.aspx?id=3289822

http://www.cw.ua.edu/2.4648/naacp-chapter-holds-state-of-black-union-address-1.453558

http://www.cw.ua.edu/2.4648/student-proposes-bike-rental-program-to-alleviate-transit-issues-1.454539

Blog: http://jfkush.blogspot.com/


Whether you like her writings or you don’t like ‘em, learn to love ‘em, cause there the best thing going today and the future of OIA! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 comments:

Barstool69 said...

I vote no. She already has her own blog. We have enough blog-inbreeding going on here.

Also, I feel like your ability to render an impartial judgment here is lacking.

That's just my vote though, and I think it should take 6/7 blog members to keep someone completely out of the audition stage.

Slic Ric said...

How about we see the other nominations first before you take a cheap shot at mine pal. Then we will see how they stack up. I'm fairly confident in my pick. I set the bar. Let's see you raise it big boy.

anymouse said...

"I'm not your pal, buddy..."

AnneH07 said...

OIA girl of the year is offended...

Barstool69 said...

AH - was totally going to propose (to?) that you be our new girl member, but was worried people might talk...

I, unlike Rick, am trying to stay impartial.

Just kidding Slic, although I don't see how saying I was voting no against your choice was a cheap shot.

Shane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shane said...

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable."

-- Barry Goldwater


Obvious choice. Shane wonders if we need two Slics?

Definitely cant eliminate her from the democratic process though!

Ann, you are an obvious front runner. That's why we play the game though

Slic Ric said...

How are you going to pick someone that won't be considered impartial? You would have to nominate somebody you don't even know. If you can sit there and tell me you won't be at least a little partial towards your nomination I'm going to have to call bullshit. That's why we nominate a particular person. We like what they bring to the table.

Slic Ric said...

You're right Bryan, you didn't take a cheap shot. I do however think you were out of line by thinking this blog was Only in Cuba and not Only in AMERICA. To keep somebody out of the process altogether and not give them any kind of a shot to compete and succeed sounds like Communism to me. Are you a Communist Schiv?

Barstool69 said...

I guess I'm trying to say there is a difference in nominating a person based solely on what they will contribute to actual posts and nominating a person based on your personal relationship with them.

In no way am I trying to keep her out of the process. The way I'm saying it should work, is that if 6 out of 7 people voice their dissent, then that person won't move on to the tryout round. This obviously won't happen to her. Personally, I vote no. Not because she isn't a good writer, etc. But rather because she has her own blog. Hence, my decision now is different from what my decision would be at the tryouts stage without that factor. There it would probably be in her favor.

sauers6 said...

oh boy, this reminds me of a saved by the bell episode when a girl gets between zack and a.c.slater. in the end..no one gets the girl, zack gets a gig on boston legal and a.c.slater spends most of his time hosting a show about animals doing tricks..is that where yall want to be in 10 years??

Slic Ric said...

Okay Schiv I see where you're going but let's see who the other nominees are before we start throwing stones.

Saved By The Bell sucks. I was never a fan.

Shane said...

The only loose-tongued 'cheap shot' in this comment feed is this quote:

"Save By The Bell sucks"
-Rick

Just becuase you couldn't understand the intricacies of the Slater, Morris, Kapowski love triangle, doesn't mean you have to defame the entire show. Your better than that!

Slic Ric said...

I could never understand it because I never watched it.

JJBA said...

Carrel, you have never been more correct.

Snuffy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Snuffy said...

Rick, are you wearing tails in that pic?

Slic Ric said...

No Snuffy I'm not. I can certainly see how it would appear that way though.