Monday, April 13, 2009

Slic's Weekend Recap (Long but Good)

It doesn't get much better than this...

I would like to start off by promoting Mr. Robert Fender from honorary to full fledged Horseman. He can hang with Slic anytime. Now, on to some of the highlights. I won't get in to too much detail as some of it is still a little blurry but here goes nothing...

Friday Night:
- pregame started around 7:30
-introduced to Jennie and Emily who are definitely top 5 material
-helped Fender polish off a handle of Evan Williams and a bottle of Johnny Walker
-a couple of other guys showed up and as Carlito would say "they were not very cool;" fortunately one of them dropped us off in Buckhead and I never saw them again
-had some fake ID issues that kind of limited our bar selection; settled on East Andrews and let's just say they like me a lot
-Fender and I went Flair and Double A on some Ole Miss guys; they won't be hoddy toddying again any time soon
-lots of people were fired and lots of phone calls were made
-don't remember too much of the taxi ride home
-kept the party going back at the house until around 4 when everyone went to sleep/passed out
Rating: 4 star night

Saturday:
-wake up at 7:30 to start G-Day festivities (Holland doesn't answer his wake up call)
-back over to Berkshires for shower and clothes change; convinced McCarthy to come over there later
-Back over to Emily's house for tailgate party; came bearing gifts
-could tell that the ladies and Fender were pleasantly surprised to see me back over there so promptly at 8:30 AM ringing the the doorbell and peering through the window on the front door
-the ladies were a little slow to get back into party mode but it was nothing a bottle of Firefly couldn't change; Fender had no problems getting back in the mood
-9:30-10AM- Firefly gone
-Fender and I try to use the fire pit= bad idea
-I beat Fender's ass in pool
-Called Amanda from Fender's phone; told her to drop that piece of shit Strickland and decide between Bell and Fender for who was going to be lucky enough to enter the Schwarz family
-Jennie and Emily were nice enough to pick us up some Chic-fil-a and it hit the spot
-G-Day game comes on and pretty much everything that I expected to happen happened; Cox blew, King's a bust, Gray is awesome, Butler is really good too; could be a long season
-party moves over to Mellow Mushroom for an early dinner; Fender spills beer everywhere and then proceeds to fire everyone that works at Mellow Mushroom; the girls were not to happy with Fender at this point
-back at the house Fender takes a power nap and I spill half a cup of Maker's and Cranberry in the backseat of Emily's mom's car (Emily if you read this I would like to apologize again)
-we got that cleaned up but the spill ruined my phone which was disappointing because I felt like trying to match the 32 voice mails record set a couple of weeks ago
-Once again the ladies were nice enough to give me a ride back over to Berkshires so I could change out of my cranberry juice drenched clothes; the ladies got to meet Tucker which I'm sure was the thrill of their weekend
-Upon our return to Emily's house, with McCarthy and a mystery guest in tow, we found Fender back up and at 'em going stronger than ever
-Taxi ride back to Buckhead was pretty damn funny; Emily tried speaking Spanish to our taxi driver; I'm not sure what she said I don't think he knows either but he thought it was still damn funny
-having had some problems with the other bars the night before we returned to East Andrews to which the door guy replied something to the effect of it's nice to see you again
-we took some Alabama Slammers in honor of our Alabama guests, saw a guy with Easter eggs in his hair, and apparently saw Rich Mckay's son (Nerd Alert)
-Some guys across the bar wanted to fight me; why I'm not sure but I concealed an empty Miller Lite bottle in my coat pocket just in case they really wanted to roll (Dirtiest Player in the Game)
-Emily said something bad to bartender but I didn't hear what she said; a rent-a-cop showed up and we decided it was time to go
-Bar tab- $248; Tip- $100= bartenders ring the bell and give me handshakes and hugs telling me to come back any time
-tried to go somewhere else but Jennie got one of her ID's taken
-stopped by an ATM to take out $20; accidentally took out $200
-grabbed a taxi back; made it rain in the cab and then couldn't find all of the money
-told taxi driver not to worry about it and if he found it have an early Merry Christmas
Rating: 5 star day and night

Once again, this is nowhere near everything that happened. McCarthy is going to post his own recap and Fender is more than welcomed to comment on this post.

Bottom line: Horseman Cadet Fender and his Bama beauties, Jennie and Emily, were definitely a good time and certainly Top 5 in Slic's book. They are welcomed back to Buckhead any time. Woooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27 comments:

Barstool69 said...

Excellent Post. Top 5 material.

The dawning of a new age with you and Fender...the smile on your face says it all.

Too many great lines to have a favorite.

Slic Ric said...

Thank you Barstool. I know it is better than anything Weasel will ever post.

Charlie Dodson said...

Welcome back, Mr. Swarz.

Top 5 post from a Top 5 guy fresh off a Top 5 weekend.

Slic Ric said...

I'll admit I'm on a pretty good roll right now. That bodes well for Tybee Island on May 15th.

Fender said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fender said...

one of the ole miss guys was friends with jennie and she said she invited them over saturday night but they said they didnt like the guys she and emily were hanging out with

Shane said...

Why so much weasel hating?

Glad you had a good weekend. You left off thursday though.

Text message received 11:43 (From Rick): "Goldwater""
Message sent 11:44: "Sir yes sir"
Message received 11:45: "I like your properness"
--End of Text message conversation--

Explain, please?

anymouse said...

I'd say Goldwater is the properest gentleman I know.

Slic Ric said...

Fender- tell the girls they can thank us later because they are better than that and don't need to be hanging out with the likes of those douche bags.

Murray- I was going to text you something (can't remember what it was now) and when you responded "sir yes sir" I decided to compliment you on your manners. Then I forgot what I was going to text you in the first place.

Pl0we said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pl0we said...

dirtiest player in the game and his protege. good post bud.

Charlie Dodson said...

(Long but Good)= that's what she said?

Fender said...

yeah they should and its probably a good thing we didnt chop that nerd because that was one of their good friends

Snuffy said...

1. Rick, who is bankrolling you?
2. There is only one true Fender: Jeffrey H. "Fro Pup" Fender '01.

Carrel_Fan said...

#2

Someone finally said it. Thank you, Snuffy P.

PMac said...

#1. The SunTrust Gold card. Apparently it has no limit.

Slic Ric said...

Snuffy, I am bankrolling me. The months of February and March were good to me financially. I will admit though, even in Slic terms, with the trips to Tybee, Athens, and Buckhead this past weekend I have gotten a little out of control in terms of spending but hey, you only live once right. Why let a minor detail like money stop you? I will begin putting a little more money away now though to get ready for football season. The good news is pool season is right around the corner and that is a lot of fun at a reasonable price.

Snuffy said...

Thanks for the support, HR Joe. Only the real Fender made Miss Russo get down on both knees.

Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe said...

Five reasons I would rather hang out with the orginal fender "fro pup"(never met him, just assuming) instead of the second fender "slic jr."

1. Fro pup owns a pair of blue jeans.

2. Fro pup did not fail Art History at an academic instution, I use that term loosely, that accepts applicants who have been denied by Georgia Southen.

3. Fro pup has gone to the tybee more than once in the past 6 years and when he goes to the beach is not afraid to take off his shirt.

4. Fro pup did not get physicaly destroyed in the Tuby's parking lot on St. Patrick's day by a scrawny 5'5'' cross country runner.

5. Fro pup was not a Georgia fan from the time he was born until March of his senior year of high school when he decided to become a diehard fan of a confrence rival.

Pl0we said...

damn rick you sure can rack of the comments on your post.

Slic Ric said...

Controversy creates cash or in this case viewers and comments. Some would argue I can be a rather controversial figure. I will say the Fender comparison comments are downright stupid and not needed on this particular post. Horseman Fender did a damn fine job this past weekend and deserved to be recognized for it, not berated by his fellow Cadets.

On a side note, I got a new phone and realized I had been fired somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15 times over the weekend. Good to know Vinnie Mac is finally getting his due.

Snuffy said...

Rick, why don't you bring your new boyfriend to the Bunger-Fleming wedding? The reception is at "The Council." I think you're familiar with it.

Barstool69 said...

Easy with the Russo comments Snuffy, she's like my 2nd cousin or something

Slic Ric said...

I haven't even gotten an invitation. I got a Save-the-Date card so I saved the date but no invitation. Therefore I won't need a date.

Snuffy said...

We sent one. Have you moved since you got the Save the Date?

Snuffy said...

Barstool, don't worry. The reference to Miss Russo is one of many incredulous stories that Fro Pup told. If he believed it happened, then it did.