Friday, April 09, 2010

Top Five Friday

The name's terrible, but just go with it.

-- I have to admit that this makes me feel a little bit better about Gordon Hayward's last two shots not falling: “As of Wednesday, Kelly had received more than 2,000 text messages and several hundred calls. Scheyer's latest tweet begs his fans to stop texting and calling his friend.”

But when he tweeted that, he obviously meant, “Hey, people who hate Duke, please send my friend about a million more obnxious text messages.”

-- It's true that other coaches' not appearing to be the nicest of guys all the time shouldn't reflect poorly on the good people of, say, Florida and Alabama. But if you've ever been associated with the University of Georgia, you can't help but feel pretty good about that (the association, I mean) when you read something like this about Mark Richt.

-- Heck of a year for me and my favorite bands so far. Four tracks have been released from the Hold Steady record due out next month, and “The Weekenders” is the best one so far. You can tell they're taking a shot at the big time because the beginning kind of sounds like Coldplay. I won't begrudge them for that, though, as long as they keep churning out lines like this new one -- “She said the theme of this party's the Industrial Age/And you came in dressed like a trainwreck.”

-- Quote of the Week: “I was about the second best (receiver),” said A.J. Green, who caught six passes for 80 yards. “But I didn’t compare to Durham though.”

-- Not-so-daring G-Day Predictions: Mettenberger has Saturday's best stat line. Rick caves, goes to Athens and ends up rocking and rolling with one of his boys who participates in the alumni game.

No comments: