Friday, April 23, 2010

Top Five Friday: Jason Heyward Is Good At Baseball

1. I'm trying to be cautious about Jason Heyward. I'm trying to be cautious about the Braves as a whole, because the lineup has some serious holes and the pitching can't be as good as last year. But damn if Mark Bradley didn't get me all fired up on Tuesday:

“I’ve said it before, and I say it again: Something’s happening here. The Braves are believing in a way they haven’t believed since the run of division titles was broken in 2006. They’re believing because they’ve got a difference-maker on their side now, a difference-maker who isn’t yet old enough to take a legal sip of champagne. But he will be come October. You might want to file that away.”

2. I'm probably way late to the party on this, but here's The Quotable Les Miles. Some of my favorites:

"I can tell you that the enjoyment of that victory certainly was strong, that the sweet taste of victory was very significant."

"It was a very enjoyable locker room to attend after the game."

"I couldn't be happier with the style of men that took the field for LSU last Saturday."

3. Apparently the greatest band ever is re-releasing Exile On Main St. next month, and they've just made available “Plundered My Soul,” which didn't make the album when they recorded it 40 years ago. You can tell they went back and polished it up a little too much, but hey, it's a “new” Rolling Stones song that they wrote in their prime. I'm not going to complain about that.

4. If you're looking for someone to blame for at least half the posts I make here, that old MTV show 120 Minutes is one of the primary culprits. I just found this site that has archived every episode, and has links to hundreds of great music videos going back to the late '80s.

5. And pivoting off that last item, a few favorite videos I've found by clicking around the 120 Minutes archive this afternoon: Matthew Sweet -- Sick Of Myself, Oasis -- Rock 'N' Roll Star, Pulp -- Common People, Sleater-Kinney -- You're No Rock N Roll Fun.

2 comments:

Barstool69 said...

great baseball video game article:

http://kotaku.com/5523142/can-i-stop-worrying-and-learn-to-love-the-juice

Charlie Dodson said...

PJH > PDJ (Sorry, Rick)

CLM: 3 or 4th best coach in SEC

PRR: Celtics MVP