Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tax Thursday Thoughts.



1.) Before all the hoopla of Rick being a celebrity takes over this blog (again), let me reiterate what Barstool said a few weeks ago: "don't forget about us small guys"

2.) Today was tax day. The day that "we mourn the loss of a year’s worth of productive private resources to our bloated federal government." Regardless, it's the last day of busy season for me so that means no more free lunches/dinners/sometimes breakfasts (but also no 10+ hour days).

3.) Could also be the last day of those forever, or at least at HAC. Not sure if I am going to be employed much longer. Hopefully I will but who knows.

4.) Leaving for Dallas tomorrow. That should be fun. Can't wait to eat at Taco Bell, I hear the Mexican food is great in Texas.

5.) Avett Brothers are playing in Savannah in June at Johnnie Mercer theater. Not sure if there are tickets left but if so you should definitely try to make it to this. I only recently started listening to them and I am sure they have been popular for quite a while but I could really see them blowing up huge.

6.) While on the topic, I started listening to the Drive-By Truckers. They are pretty good. Maybe I am wrong about everything I 'know' about Larry.

7.) The B.C. class of 2004 is underrated. I have just come to realize this now. When you got people Barstool in the same class as Beytagh (sp?) and Collins you have something special. Throw in a Bunger and you're just asking for trouble.

8.) Barstool, I meant to ask: how was A Walk to Remember err, I mean, 'The Last Song'? I never heard anything about it...

9.) Is OITO back?

10.) When your not good at something it is usually really easy to blame other people for losing. That being said the refs in my summer league are terrible. I am still great a basketball. We are 0-3...

8 comments:

PMac said...

You are going to Dallas? Murray you are becoming quite the world traveler.

Barstool69 said...

say hey to MJ in Dallas.

Snuffy said...

I don't think there is a Kevin Barry's in Dallas.

anymouse said...

I've been giving the Avett Brothers a few listens lately. Pretty good. Y'all should go see the Hold Steady May 25 at Live Wire Music Hall. I'm thinking about taking a couple days off.

"everything I 'know'..."

And by the way, what does this mean?

JJBA said...

Shuman still better than you?

And '04 was underrated. I think this rating comes because of their atrocious athletic record. But as far as fun, entertaining, and nice people go, '04 with Tank and Kobleur is about as good as it gets.

Weazle said...

If you like The Avetts, check out Olde Crow Medicine Show.

Pl0we said...

It's not Tank anymore JJ, he is now called Father Tank

Charlie Dodson said...

1: Agreed.
2: Yawn.
3: No comment.
4: LOL
5: Where the hell is Johnnie Mercer theater?
6: What do "you know" about Larry?
7: We get plenty of credit.
8: Her other movies are better.
9: N/A
10: I used to worry about the your/you're thing, but I've realized it's just a blog. Also, shoot more.