Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Morning Thoughts


1: Anthony Kim almost won me a lot of money yesterday. Oh well. Congrats to Monsieur Mickelson; the Masters is top 5.

2: The Bear is still not back from Athens. He has been there since Thursday.

3: Chipper has got to get healthy for the Braves to have a chance.

4: Dear Bryan, "No excuses, play like a champion!" You need to take this quote from Rick's movie to heart. JJ is as good as it gets as a wing-man.

5: It's been one week since Duke won the national championship. It's just as sweet now as it was when big bad Zoubek broke poor little Gordon Hayward's heart.

6: Durham scored a TD during the little scrimmage gett0gether. No surprise there. That moves him into a tie for most touchdowns all time in G-Day games.

7: It looks like St. Michael's is really going to close after this year. I had planned to make a post on this, but it was too difficult to express in words what that school has meant to me and so many others over the years. The decision to close the school angers me; it makes me sad. I believe in my heart that it can and should stay open. Unfortunately, a few people don't feel like dealing with it anymore, and those people are the ones making the decision. That being said, I really appreciate the kind words, blog posts, texts, e-mails, and various other expressions of support for the school. Not one person has had one bad or smart ass thing to say about the closing of SMS, and considering the people I choose to hang out with, that's saying something.

8: On that same subject, thanks to everyone for their support over the last 6 days. Tuesday was top 5 worst days of life. I know that my senior year of high school was one of the best years of my life; Dustin will never get to experience his. I will tell you one thing: if you ever lose someone close to you, pray that Plowe will be around because he is constantly there and will do anything you need him to do. It also seemed like every time I was about to lose it, I'd get an update from Pmac on Rick's life or I'd check out OITO and there would be kind words from the Weazle. For all the texts, calls, prayers, and especially to those who sat through the circus: thank you. And please try and wear your damn seat belts.

9: Horse racing season is rapidly approaching.

10: 23 days till Cinqo de Mayo; 39 days till Beach Bum

4 comments:

Weazle said...

Beach Bum: Top Five Day of the Year

Sir William Wallace said...

I'm finally back

Barstool69 said...

that picture is creepy.

there's got to be some exceptions to #4.

Pl0we said...

that picture is really funny.