Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Baseball Bad

Everyone knows the Braves are struggling. Some know how bad Georgia is. The fact that they are both in last place and looking worse than where they sit in the standings seems to defy all odds. Georgia's pitching has an 8.00+ ERA and is dead last in EVERY single pitching statistic. The hitting isn't much better but it wouldn't matter anyway. Perno is awesome and his resume shows it but 12-29 is inexcusable.

Now for the Braves. I, like almost everyone else, thought this was a really good baseball team. They showed it in the Spring and got off to a nice start. Its early and by no means am I saying the season is over. In fact, I believe this team will turn it around in the next month. However, I have no idea how I didn't realize how poorly constructed this team is. The starting pitching is and will be good. Hanson and Hudson have been great. Jurrjens has been great outside of 1 start. Lowe is a has been and was a major screw up by Wren from day 1.

The Braves have 3 hitters that are major league quality right now. There is not one true lead off hitter in the entire organization. I think Prado should be moved to the leadoff spot. Cabrera is a fat joke and shouldn't be starting for Gwinett. Glaus is struggling right now but hes a guy that has been around and he will figure it out even though no one knows how to pronounce his name. Heyward is the best player in baseball. Chipper is older than he ever has been and it shows every single game but he will get it together as well. Escobar is a sorry excuse for anything. I don't blame anyone other than Cox for that situation. I don't care what hes accomplished or what the potential may be. The kid is a punk and hes not nearly good enough for the Braves to put up with his crap for this long. Prado is a stud. Makes me wonder why he was riding the bench for the better part of 2+ years. And the bullpen has been pretty good.

All this rambling leads me to this. The Braves are in bad shape but its way too early to freak out. The hitting will come around and the pitching will remain steady barring any injuries. I don't know if this team is capable of winning it all but I do think they are still playoff caliber and will be in 1st place by June.

2 comments:

Barstool69 said...

baseball been berry berry good to me

Shane said...

I guess that title is better than no title at all.

Tell us how you really feel, JJ.