Friday, April 30, 2010

Top Five Friday: Fear The Deer

1. JJ touched on this earlier, but what a miserable spring for everything other than BC sports. The Hawks looked like they'd be a bright spot, and they're all but finished. The Eastern Conference semifinals should be unwatchable, though watching LeBron own the Celtics could be entertaining for a game or two.

2. Steve Carell seems to be leaving The Office after one more season, which is probably a good thing. The show can't go on without him, and it's run its course anyway. It's a clear fourth in NBC's Thursday lineup, even with 30 Rock rolling along as a shell of its former self.

3. Since we're discussing sitcoms, this is pretty good:



4. I love lists, as you can tell, and Spin just released their 125 best albums of the last 25 years. It's not bad, all things considered. U2's Achtung Baby is No. 1 if you were wondering. It probably wouldn't sniff my list, but I get why they picked it.


5. Still spending too much time at that 120 Minutes site I linked to last week. More 90s favorites from this week: Blur -- Country House, Pavement -- Cut Your Hair, Yo La Tengo -- Sugarcube. And I quickly lost count of the number of awesome things in this video.

10 comments:

Slic Ric said...

1. F the Hawks. 2. Outside of 1338 and my little area, Atlanta=Losersville again and Athens isn't far behind with their pitiful spring performances.

Slic Ric said...

And if it wasn't for Hey Soul Sister and Beach Bum this spring would be completely f'd in the a.

Barstool69 said...

beg to differ

Slic Ric said...

Have to be a little more specfic than that Mr. Lawyer.

JJBA said...

He is saying not everyone is losing. Tooting his horn deservedly so.

JJBA said...

Season 2 and 3 of the office was about as good as it gets. If I'm michael I jump ship now and join up with mr. Omalley for a blockbuster

Slic Ric said...

As well he should. I'm really just talking about sports but I know what kind of crowd I'm dealing with so if I would of put Atlanta=losersville without specifying, some smartass would say "well you live in Atlanta."I mean come on, Athens will never be losersville outside of sports. Fire ADDE!

Slic Ric said...

Call in Arthur Spooner and you've got yourself the greatest show of all time.

anymouse said...

I'm guessing that's something you'll make happen yourself after you hit it big.

Slic Ric said...

I'll tcob.