Thursday, January 15, 2009

This Blog Needs Some Cheering Up

Sounds like time for another Top 5. Don't know about you, but they always make me happy. I hope these links are easier to deal with than those annoying imeem boxes.

Animal Collective – “Brothersport” (Scroll down a little and click "play")

For the longest time, I wrote Animal Collective off as a bunch of wanky hipster nonsense, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Their new album is chock full of A-plus jams, and “Brothersport” is my current favorite. I know how much you all like the word “brother,” too, so you won't be able to resist giving it a shot.

David Byrne and Brian Eno – “Strange Overtones”

Anybody remember that Talking Heads cover band that played in Athens all the time a few years ago? This doesn't really have much to do with the song, but would it be going overboard to suggest that they were the greatest cover band ever to exist in the history of the world?

Vivian Girls – “Where Do You Run To”

This is the first song I ever heard from these chicks, which led me to think their record would be pretty much the best thing ever. It wasn't really that good at all, but that should only serve to tell you how awesome the song is.

Bon Iver – “Skinny Love”

Bon Iver turned out to be basically what I hoped Fleet Foxes was going to sound like before I was sorely disappointed with them last year. This isn't really a “cheer you up” song like the others, but what can I say, it's part of my current top five.

Dexateens – “Kid”

This band is just one of many, many great things about the beautiful city of Tuscaloosa, Alabama. We should go back some time.

Also, I like Georgia football and the people who play it and I didn't know people actually read this blog looking for insight. I hope they like our posts about Cadet basketball and how barstool and Shane sometimes have their differences but always make up in the end.

I also hope they know what this means:

Ten to six. <3ygtg.

4 comments:

Carrel_Fan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrel_Fan said...

And if you don't like all the crap they talk about here at OIA, then you'll hate what's going on at OITO. So don't even think about joining us, knuckleheads.

Barstool69 said...

Post: Brilliant

Carrel: Getalife

Carrel_Fan said...

Getalife, is that an emo song or something?