Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Stafford and Moreno Decision


Steve Patterson over at UGAsports.com has all but confirmed Stafford won't be hanging around Athens next football season. No surprise. I'll have more on the story when it becomes "official."


Update 11:10 PM: Now it is official. Both Stafford and Moreno are going to turn pro. Dawg fans can expect a public announcement from Stafford and Moreno themselves sometime tomorrow. I wish them both the best of luck. Thanks for the memories. They will always be DGDs.

12 comments:

Barstool69 said...

Have fun in Detroit Staff.

No more B street for them

anymouse said...

Agreed, Slick. Guys were more fun to watch than any Georgia players I can remember.

Slic Ric said...

I'm sure they will come back to B St. on their bye weeks.

Charlie Dodson said...

Love Moreno. Like Stafford.

10-6 guys.

Pl0we said...

I agree with D.

Barstool69 said...

anybody get the feeling that maybe Staff started hearing some grumbling about his effort from the fan base?

Charlie Dodson said...

I think he def. hears it, but I doubt that played much of a role in his decision.

Slic Ric said...

Yeah he heard it and he also heard about how he was good not great because he didn't win a championship like DG or DS. I'm with Donnie in that I don't think that stuff affected his decision. I think like many people said, he was an NFL guy before he got here and this was his stepping stone. I'm just glad we were that stepping stone.

Denny said...

glad knowshon is gone, but i cried myself to sleep about staffdaddy

JJBA said...

Knowshown: Top 5 Georgia player ever.
Stafford: Top 5 Georgia QB ever.

Georgia: 2009 SEC East Champions.

Slic Ric said...

Holland have you started drinking already?

Carrel_Fan said...

On some real talk, Holland. Love you Stafford but you got to go.