Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Asher Exits Athens

During a 4 PM press conference, Jr. CB Asher Allen declared he will enter the 2009 NFL draft. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, but I'm a little suprised about this. I'm not shocked, just a little suprised. I thought he would stick around another year. Maybe he's lost all confidence in Willie too. Who could blame him? Good luck Asher and represent the "G" well in the League.

OT: The Favors guy from South Atlanta that's suppose to save Felton's ass (again) is going to anounce his college decision tomorrow night at 6:30. It's down to Georgia, Georgia Tech, and Memphis. Got this off Georgia Sports Blog.

10 comments:

PMac said...

So I guess that leaves Prince Miller and I'd say Brandon Boykin at corner now. Maybe this will give Greg Reid something to think about.

Ally said...

Even if Favors commits, its too late to save Felton's job and he knows it.

I have a feeling he's not picking us anyways. He chose to commit Wednesday in Atl when UGA is on the road and yech is playing at home.

And, guys what's with the hating on this blog lately? First Staff now Asher? I don't get it. I respect the difference in opinion, but come on now - they're Dawgs.

Denny said...

not a good move imo

favors is going to gt so it doesnt matter about felton

go cadets tonight against appling

Barstool69 said...

Who is hating on Asher?

Slic Ric said...

The only person I hate on is Willie and I think I've made that quite clear.

anymouse said...

It's not our fault Durham is a beast.

Snuffy said...

Refering to Georgia as "The G" is more evidence that Georgia is well on its way to becoming the next Miami, excuse me, The U.

Barstool69 said...

It doesn't count if Rick is the only one doing it

Slic Ric said...

Snuffy I did not think of it that way but as everyone knows I'm about as hardcore thug as they come. All joking aside, concerning your comment, Georgia is for whatever reason a very undisciplined team on and off the field. That being said, we will never even approach Miami's level of hardcore thuggery, EVER.

PMac said...

Don't go all Disney Dawg on us Ally. The Stafford picture may have been in bad taste, but I find it amusing. And as far as this current post, the only hate I see is aimed at Willie. So basically there is no more hate than usual around these parts.