Thursday, May 31, 2007

Last Time I Checked This Is America

Now I'm not real into politics and I don't follow this stuff too closely but I do have a problem with the "We have a candidate" post. I don't have a problem with Fred Thompson or the Republican party or anything like that. Hell I like Fred Thompson. He's been in good movies like "The Hunt for Red October," "Die Hard 2," "Days of Thunder," and my personal favorite, "Necessary Roughness" (Yes Don I like movies). My concern has nothing to do with any of this. I'm concerned about "Only in AMERICA" turning into Communist Russia or Nazi Germany. I know McCarthy may be the blog's owner but I think if this blog is going to "endorse a candidate" then we should take it to a vote (hell we do polls for everything else) to see who will represent the blog in the upcoming Presidential election. Fred Thompson, not Anderson, will probably still win and I'll probably vote for him but for one person to say that this is our guy, whether we like it or not, on a blog with so many opinionated people is wrong and an infringement upon our rights as AMERICANS. I figured when Rocky knocked out Drago that Cuba would be the only remaining remnants of communism. However, I fear if the people on this blog are not allowed to voice their opinions on this issue (like we do on everything else), no matter how ridiculous or extreme these views may be, that this blog will have to be renamed "Only in Russia." If this is the case, being the patriotic person I am, I would have to leave the blog and move onto greener, less restricting pastures. Let's keep the Stars and Stripes flying high and proud on "Only in AMERICA."

3 comments:

JJBA said...

Newt should run.

Charlie Dodson said...

Jason Beulterman has announced that he will run again for Mayor of Tybee Island. I am going to vote for him.

Now, the winner of the 08 election will be our 44th president. What a lucky, special number! So, I'm not going to settle. If someone comes along with the abilities of say number 40 or 42, then I'll endorse him, her, or even it. Still, anyone or anything will be better than 43.

Lastly, I saw on another blog where "The left does not want America to succeed. It will not give America a chance to succeed. It does not want democracy or capitalism to succeed. It detests everything that America stands for.

The left hates America."

Now this is some groundbreaking shit. It couldn't have been said better. However I must say...
1: I am a Democrat, and I love America.
2: I might be a bit of an optimist but( despite myself and all these other anti-Americans) I think our country is doing just fine.
3: If all left-leaning individuals were deported to say France, then we'd be stuck with soccer, tennis, golf and maybe a little baseball. There'd be no quality basketball or football to watch. But hey, you'd have your CAPITALISM.

Ryan said...

Dramatic.