Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Ridiculously Early Schedule Assessment

Yesterday afternoon's trip to beautiful Thomson, Georgia for the BC region playoff game (which the Cadets won 6-2 to lock up a state playoff berth) gave me the opportunity to see one of the state's most well-known high school football stadiums: The Brickyard. And even though it was only May 1, I couldn't help but wonder if I would get a chance to see the Cadets play the Bulldogs there in the fall.

So when I got home last night, I thought I'd take a look at the way the BC and Georgia football schedules matched up this year. Here's what I found:

DateGeorgiaBenedictine
Aug. 30-Sept. 2 Oklahoma St. Windsor Forest
Sept.7-8SouthCarolinaJenkins
Sept. 14-15Western CarolinaGroves
Sept. 21-22at AlabamaOff
Sept. 28-29Ole MissButler
Oct. 5-6 at Tennesseeat Thomson
Oct. 12-13 at Vanderbiltat Hephzibah
Oct. 19-20OffSouth Effingham
Oct. 26-27Floridaat Richmond Hill
Nov. 3TroyLiberty
Nov. 9-10Auburnat Burke


So the way I see it, if the University ticket office works its usual magic on everyone who currently goes to Georgia, the schedules actually work out pretty well. But even then, Alabama comes during a BC off week. Thomson can happen if no one goes to Knoxville, and I doubt anyone will go to Vandy, so Hephzibah could work as well. South Effingham, which is homecoming, also falls on the Georgia bye week, so making three BC games in 2007 is reasonable (including a possible trip to Tuscaloosa).

I know it's early, and a lot will depend on the road ticket situation, but what are your thoughts? Did I go wrong somewhere with this?

6 comments:

Slic Ric said...

South Effingham is the only makeable game for myself. Georgia at Tennessee is too big of a game to miss plus I'm pretty confident I'll get a ticket. Georgia at Vandy is all about revenge. I really want to go and tickets to that game are easy to get. However, I doubt anybody on here (with the exception of McCarthy for obvious reasons) will want to go to Nashville so I won't take Hephzibah out of the mix just yet.

Barstool69 said...

I'll be in the Music City as well as Knoxville. Either I've had way too much Coca Cola and sweet tarts, or there are a hell of a lot of hot girls in the library right now.

Am I the only one at UGA not using Addirol to study?

Who is anymouse?

Slic Ric said...

You might be the only person I know that goes to the library.

JJBA said...

I've never been to the Library in 4 years and Ninja Turtles 1 and 2 comes on Saturday Night. Alabama is a must and I'd lie to try Nashville cause I THINK I can get a ticket to that one.

Charlie Dodson said...

I will not be making it to Tuscaloosa or any of the games in the state of Tennessee. I would rather go home, to Savannah. My prediction: no one on this blog will make all three. The library is a good place to study. I don't study there, but a lot of people do. Murray and Schivera, do a little bit of process of elimination to see who Anymouse is.

JJBA said...

Library is for losers.