Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Turning in Homework Earlier (Hopefully Barstool Gives Me Extra Credit)

In no particular order, below is a list of the Top Five Catastrophes/Controversies of the past decade. I thought a top five financial gurus list would be too debatable amongst all the blog members. Please leave comments of any memorable controversies or catastrophes from the past 10 years that I have failed to mention.


Donnie v. Jack

We’ve all heard numerous stories. I think if you asked Jack or Donnie what really happened that fateful night in Atlanta, GA neither would actually remember the details of their ‘fight’. The only person besides Jack and Donnie that has any direct insight of the fight would be Donnie’s hotel roommate-- and we all know who he is going to side with…. especially since they shared an intimate moment that night.

Slick v. David Greene Jersey


Rick puked on his David Greene Jersey, Donnie’s mom cleaned it. End. Of. Story. (This falls into the ‘catastrophe’ category as there was nothing ‘controversial’ that happened that night)

Me v. Hicks


Our relation started cordial but quickly turned sour. He made me sit on a stool in the back corner of his classroom. On St. Patrick’s Day two years after I graduated from high school Hicks told me that “he is glad that he taught me because now he knows he will never have to deal with a worse person” [paraphrased]. A few years after that I saw him on Tybee during the 2007 Beach Bum Parade (the one where we got the float and wore the green caps—‘the Irish Hurricane’). I threw a huge bucket of water on him and his wife held him back as he was coming for me. I think he wanted to beat my ass. I guess that was the straw…

Pmac v. parents houses


Patrick had a badass party at his mom’s house the summer going into senior year. His mom found out and was disappointed to say the least. He then had another party the next summer. Donnie had interesting stories following both parties despite the fact that he didn’t make it to the neighborhood for one of them. Other parties ensued at other locations when PMac's mother moved away.(Not sure who reads this blog).

T. Wolfe v. Tampa Bay Taxi Cab Driver


Jack didn’t want to walk the quarter mile to our hotel and we were stranded in the middle of downtown Tampa Bay without a ride. Finally a cab driver pulls up and we start to pile in. When the cab driver told us an outrageous price (I think cabs were going for like $10-$20 a person) T. Wolfe started arguing with him. In broken English the driver told us all to get out of the vehicle. Tony—furious as only people like Tony and B.G. can be after getting kicked out of a cab for being an asshole—walks in front of the cab, bangs on the hood of the car, flicks the driver off and yells an ethnic slur in a town that is known for ethnic violence. It took a long time to get another cab.



Other Notables:

??? v. TI Property/'Love Palace of D'; Demont v. the World; and Slick v. Martinez


Up Next: Top Five Donnie Relationships (Friends Siblings edition).

3 comments:

Charlie Dodson said...

Well done, Murray. You forgot Murray v. Outback bread.

JJBA said...

Nard v. Shiv @ Pmac's

Shane said...

If you think me cutting bread was bad you should see me cut a steak or something harder.

I will deny the bread situation to the death of me. That being said, I'm not very good with the cutlery.