Tuesday, June 23, 2009

ESPN Crap

I, like some on this blog, have never been a big fan of the Boston/New York flagship station. Tonight they are going to cut into the CWS Finals to show Live coverage of the Albuquerque Isotopes Pacific League game. Whether you agree or disagree with Manny Ramierez being able to participate in baseball, prior to the conclusion of his 50-game suspension for cheating, this is absolutely absurd. I am a college baseball fan but my opinion would be no different if the game that was being interrupted was some soccer tournament in South Africa. A national championship game is going to take a back seat to meaningless minor league at bats by a non-future Hall of Famer. Can't wait until Herbstreit tells me why a Michigan-Ohio State rematch is a must for the National title.

13 comments:

Carrel_Fan said...

"Hey Manny, you're suspended until July 3rd, but go play some tune-up games." Huh?

Charlie Dodson said...

Herbie sucks.

College World Series > minor league baseball.

anymouse said...

July 3 is a hell of a time for a comeback. I hear the Dawg Duo will be making one of its own that day.

Slic Ric said...

?

Carrel_Fan said...

Did you mean the Blog Duo?

anymouse said...

Rick, it was my impression that the Dawg Duo would be rocking and/or rolling on July 3 in a way it hasn't in some time.

The Blog Duo should be in full force as well. The only difference being that a comeback isn't necessary.

Charlie Dodson said...

They didn't show Manny's first ab.

Les Miles just said, "I'm sure the Texas Longhorns are here, but we just don't feel em".

Now Erin just asked him about tweeting.

Awesome.

Carrel_Fan said...

Les Miles just said, "I'm sure the Texas Longhorns are here, but we just don't feel em".


I don't get it. Is he gay?

Charlie Dodson said...

Why don't you say that to his FACE!

Carrel_Fan said...

Hold on, I'm going to tweet him.

Slic Ric said...

Yes Mouse there will be a Dawg Duo reunion on July 3rd I just didn't see how that comment pertained to this post.

anymouse said...

"Hey Manny, you're suspended until July 3rd, but go play some tune-up games."

Weazle said...

I'd rather have them cut-away to the kids choice awards....