Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Dull Blog?

Apparently Shane thinks this blog needs a little shaking up during Barstool's ongoing absence, so... don't mind if I do.

Here are the Top Five Stick Dick Summer Jams for the July 4 weekend (that I could find on YouTube). I'm just amazed that I hadn't thought of this one before.

King Khan and the Shrines – “No Regrets”

Anyone who knows Slic Stic Dic knows that the title of this song perfectly describes his life's philosophy. As the great King Khan sings, simply: “I don't regret a thing/ If I did it wouldn't be the same/ So I don't regret a thing”.

Bruce Springsteen – “Night”

Many of the characters in the Boss' songs live by the adage “Work hard. Play harder.” And our boy is no different. After a long day of hauling in big-name clients for his employer, he always ready “to blow 'em away in the night.”

Art Brut – “Alcoholics Unanimous”

Check the opening verse: “Slept on my face and woke up confused/ A bit concerned about what I've been up to/ There's so many people I might have upset/ I apologize to them all with the same group text.” Sounds like a morning at Campus Lodge to me. Except for the whole apology thing.

The Hold Steady – “Constructive Summer”

“Double whiskey Coke no ice”? More like double Tattoo Rock Star no ice, am I right?

And the last song really needs no explanation:

The Dominoes – “Sixty Minute Man”

2 comments:

PMac said...

For someone who has been very outspoken about these music posts, I gotta hand it to Anymouse on this one. Nicely done.

Shane said...

This is controversial! We all know what that means...