Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday Thoughts



1: February is a shitty month.

2: Monday Night Raw has been disappointing lately. Nevermind, HotRod just cut off Y2J- love the bagpipes and the skirt.

3: Lot of countdows going on right now- St. Patrick's Day, Buckhead trip, Athens trip, Tybee Island St. Patrick's Day, Lowe/Bell Yard Sale, Vegas= so excited.

4: Big win for Georgia's basketball team saturday vs Florida. Loved the Corey Butler quote.

5: Glad Shane is back in the game. Prediction: Murray takes J to Will's wedding.

6: P Bunger lost his phone in Philly!! I've never known him to get drunk or out of control so I'm not sure what could have happened.

7: I heard Holland ate a lot of roast beef at McCall's wedding: dat a boy JJ.

8: Go Cadets- let's win a region tourney game then make the state playoffs. They should be resting and getting their legs under them now in order to make a good run- yeah right.

9: BMBS is on a roll- love the top 5's. OITO is a testimony to what happens when you work hard each day.

10: A lot of people in the Boro have it out for UGA and Athens in general. I will get to the bottom of this in the next 17 months.

5 comments:

Pl0we said...

Going to be an awesome few weeks, and just think in april we got the red/black game in athens and the blue and white game in statesboro. Also, if we sell all my sister's old barbie dolls at $1 a piece we should probably make about $647 +/- $10. We can probably get about $17 for Ozzie.

Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe said...

Donnie, I can shed some light on #10.

There are so many Georgia Fans (greeks mostly) at Southern that pretty much forsake the Eagles at every turn. As a result, true blue GSU fans come to resent UGA, their sports, their town, and their fans as a result of those we see as turncoats unfaithful to the cause. I know, I was one of these misguided souls during my Five Glorious Years in Statesboro.

I hope that clears the air a bit. It's just school spirit. In my experience, the resentment doesn't last. I like Georgia a lot now, and I know of a few other friends who have softened their stances as well. The first time I saw Chris in red & black screaming at a tv during a georgia game, it was like the first time Hollywood Hulk Hogan came out as a member of the NWO: scary stuff, but it seemed to fit him.

Go Eagles.
Go Dawgs.
Go America.

PS: Blue and White game: I could go wit you?

Charlie Dodson said...

That helps. There are still plenty of people who wear Georgia paraphernalia to class- I just didn't expect to see as much Florida/GA Tech stuff as I've seen on campus.

As far as having it out for Athens/UGA- I was referring to the emos/goth kids who make it known that they don't like care about college football, but they like to see Georgia lose.

I'll see you at the Blue and White game.

Joe said...

I wish our yard was emo. Then, it would cut itself.