Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mr. Mouse



I guess it's fitting that Larry's birthday is exactly a week after St. Patrick's Day since he's Irish and stuff. And that it usually falls during the middle of March Madness since he likes basketball a lot. And that it falls during college football's spring practice period which he thinks is so damn important.

Anyways, since I will be unable to make the 20-30 minute journey from the beautiful city of Statesboro, GA to the great city of Dublin, GA- I figured I'd join all of us here at OIA in wishing Larry a very happy 23rd birthday.

Not wanting to start my research on what kind of cases Clarence Thomas votes to accept, I guess I will list a few reasons why I like Rick's dear friend, Larry Conneff.

1: If it wasn't for Larry, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed my freshman year at Georgia too much. Eating with him at Bolton and frequenting Bourbon Street four nights a week made Spring semester awesome.

2: Larry has been along for the ride on some of the greatest days of my life: beating SHS senior year in basketball, beating Effingham senior year in football, the Alabama trip, the New Orleans trip, seeing the greatest college basketball player any of us have ever seen in person-JJ Redick and his last game as a Duke player, Auburn Blackout Game, and GA Florida endzone celebration game.

3: He lived with me for three years. This probably does more for his heaven chances than not eating meat on Fridays during Lent. Besides my parents, this is probably the longest anyone will ever choose to live with me. I appreciate it.

4: He was cool with me watching Robin Hood and 8 Mile over 200 times in our living room.

5: He made sure to walk into the living room every time Kevin Costner shot the fire arrows and during the last battle of 8 Mile because he knows greatness when he sees it.

6: He is Rick's friend, and any friend of Rick's is a friend of mine.

7: He likes the game of basketball: high school basketball, college basketball, the NBA, and Olympic b-ball.

8: He likes Tybee, Georgia, BC, the Hawks, the Braves, and Santino Marrella.

9: Larry was a proud member of the Wild Stallions as well as part of the Class of 2004 basketball team who beat the Class of 2003 handidly at The Cage.

10: Larry was the voice of reason during my years at Georgia. And he will probably continue to be for years to come.

Merci beaucoup, Mr. Conneff.

6 comments:

Snuffy said...

Anymouse...always lurking in the shadows.

anymouse said...

Obrigado. And I think it says a lot about everyone if I'm a voice of reason. It's a tribute to us all, really.

JJBA said...

The best player in the GA dome that night was Big baby. (I am pulling for Duke tom. night). If Larry does indeed like Santino I think he would agree that he has quickly become a top 5 Wrestler ever. I also know Larry appreciated the red coats playing robin hood theme. But more than anything Larry appreciated the brilliance of The Office and was a helluva lot better at switching between that and Thursday night Football than the knucleheads at CBS could ever be. He also hated FIFA and thats awesome.

Charlie Dodson said...

F U HOLLAND

Charlie Dodson said...

Big Baby lost to Georgia.

JJBA said...

Duke turned down a chance to play Georgia in NYC