Sunday, November 01, 2009

So Now I Am Here...

Yesterday was Awesome. I woke up this morning in a completely trashed hotel room that smelt like 7 day old warm beer.

So Georgia lost? Boo Hoo. That didnt rain on my parade. (I guess my expectations weren't that high in the first place.) I dont know enough words to describe exactly what happened yesterday/how incredible it was. But, what I will do is a top five.

All of these things happened yesterday...

5.) Me and Barstool are friends again. I see him about as often as some of my other friends and that is about once every 3-5 months.


The opposite of this.



4.)Merchant told me that Frankie should definitely be playing NBA basketball.

Merchant: "He didnt try hard at all in high school so he wasnt going to be able to make the grades to play in college."

I told Colby that there arent a lot of 5'7 players in the NBA to which he reply "Yea, right. Look at Spud Webb. He was like the best basketball player ever."

I wish there wouldn't have been a UGA game so that I could have just talked to Merchant all day.

3.) Jack, Lindsay and I coined a soon-to-be very popular euphemism for procreation. I'll use it in a sentence.

"Donnie 'squashed the pasta' with (fill in one of about 40 girls names here)"

2.) A mentally handicapped young Florida fan talked major shit to me a good part of the entire first half. (I know what you're thinking. 'Aren't all Florida fans retarded?'. Nyuck Nyuck Nycuck. Sorry Andrew?)

After about 10 minutes of friendly banter...

Me: "Being a Florida fan, you guys have had a lot to be excited about in the past couple years"
Retarded Fella: "You haven't!"

1) I took my fun to Dave and Busters and took a bear fight with (potentially; has not yet been confirmed) T.J. Duckett and some big guy that played for Georgia with Coach Cumley. (Something Moss- a google search turned up fruitless.)

You mean to tell me there is a place where you can
go , get drunk and play video games?

JJH, you are right. It is not hard to have fun in Jacksonville during that weekend. I will continue going every year I can.

4 comments:

Slic Ric said...

I'm sure Georgia fans won the party again this year. Shane, I envy the fact that you ave no emotional investment towards a particular team. I hope to reach that point some day. On a brighter note, my low country boil yesterday was pretty badass and I'm still reaping the rewards from it. So I got that going for me:)

Shane said...

Its not like I never had an emotional investment. I suppose you could say that the investment has been drained and I don't have the energy to continue to feed it.

PS Where was my invite to the low country? I'm not getting black balled because I am friends with P. Lowe am I?

PPS Did you just use an emoticon? Thanks in advance.

Slic Ric said...

Sorry Shane, you're invitation must have gotten lost in the mail. Damn that Newman.

JJBA said...

1.Did you not throw up at approx. 2:20 pm?
2. You made no mention of Ziegler. Not a good idea.