Saturday, August 29, 2009

TE-per-BOW-le, Part 1

We all know that the Tim Tebow slobber-fest is going to reach a fever pitch this college football season, likely to the point where we look back on Thom Brennamen's BCS title game love letter with some degree of fondness. I mean, why else would Dan Shanoff go to the trouble of creating this monstrosity?

So of course I'm taking it upon myself to document some of the more egregious examples of Tebow love over the next few months. Not any of the legitimate praise, which the guy deserves plenty of (he's surely the best player in college football, after all). I'm just looking to call people out for going too far over the top (hence the name of this feature. See what I did there?).

I'm interested in statements like this one, from some Heisman preview show on ESPN a few minutes ago:

John Saunders: “But it's not always about stats with Tim Tebow, is it?”

Trevor Matich: “No. It's about an emotional connection with the soul of college football.”

What?

3 comments:

Charlie Dodson said...

Anymouse= on a roll.

Did you come up with that title or did you see it somewhere? That's top 5 in itself.

anymouse said...

Our blog is the first thing to come up when you Google "te-per-bow-le," so I guess I did invent a word just now. Good day for me, then.

JJBA said...

Awesome day for you.

Matich is an idiot. I'm not saying this because of that comment but because he talks weird and states the obvious over and over. Holtz and Blackledge should be the only analyst on the air. Everyone is making fun of Holtz but if they find a way to beat stick's heartthrob, ND has a shot.