Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Worth-a-Shit things in Athens, GA

For about a week now I've been pretty quiet on both of our great websites. Basically, it's still too hot outstide for me to really get into the football mood just yet. Besides that, September is the greatest month of the year to be on Tybee Island (see no tourists, big waves, good fishing, and no lines at Sundae's.) And with Idrissi gone, the basketballs still locked in the closet at BC, there isn't much for me to look forward to, and I really start to miss home a lot. Solution: record what exactly it is that makes life bearable in Athens for me this time of year.

1: Home football games

2: 2 piece dark meal at Peach's: $5.08 w/ student id. 2 pieces of homemade fried chicken with 2 sides such as mac and cheese( sorry but no mac and cheese pizza), green beans, potatoes, greens, blackeyed peas, and lima beans; biscuit or cornbread; and some damn good sweet tea.

3: Blind Pig: good atmosphere, moderate pricing, great variety, and good food. More of a Savannah feel than a not- Savannah feel.

4: Ramsey/ Spec Townes Track(not sure on the spelling)/ whatever weird place Holland goes to run: all these places serve the same purpose: let off some steam and watch other people be idiots. Now, it's not that you can't watch people be idiots everywhere else in this town, but at these 3 places you can increase your cadet challenge scores while doing so.

5: Hedge's: one place that we all agree on. It has cool stuff on the wall, good specials( although no specials that put a price on a happy afterlife), space to breathe, the ability to hear your boy talk, and Woodchuck.

6: Savannahnow.com: makes you feel at home

7: The jail website that I'm too lazy to look up right now: lets you know what fine Cadets and those who wish they were Cadets are up to while back at home.

8: GAVSV.com: if you ever get really down, go rip on Calvary.

9: Facebook: you should try it Holland.

10: A trip down Milledge- probably the best place to see idiots be idiots. "Life could be a lot worse.."

11: Holland's house or hanging out at anyone's apartment and NOT going downtown. I know, I know; I love GB's and B St. as much as the next "brother", but doing the aforementioned really does wonders. It gives me more of an at home feeling, I feel better in the morning, and I don't wake up with extra Topper's Dollars.

12: Skip class and play playstation: you just seem to be getting someone's ass when actually the only person's ass being gotten is your own. Still, it can do the trick sometimes.

13: Watch Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.

14: Church: You'll thank God for having lived in Savannah and being raised Catholic instead of Baplic or whatever it is they are here. ( I hope this does not offend any of our atheist blog contributors).

15: Walk through the SLC. The place sucks and would be a great place for a new basketball facility, but you'll run into some huge douche from Savannah. Then, just go out of your way to talk to them in front of their "brothers" or "sisters". Make sure to get it across in front of all their new friends that you know him or her from high school, and you'll truly be getting their ass!

16: Eat a fish filet. It ain't Sundae's or Carey Hilliard's, but it sure is close.


I just happend to think of 16, and I'm sure I didn't get them all but just knowing these exist will hopefully help me make it until Thursday. Hey, HE said it best after all, "you know you just gotta do what you gotta do"- (I miss) YOUnes Idrissi.

3 comments:

JJBA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JJBA said...

I echo everything that you said and could not have said it any better. The Savannah area is unlike anything else and those who don't appreciate it now, eventually will. However, the brighter points of Athens that you mentioned I will defiantly miss when I am done here. Other than that one in particular post you made about Calvary I believe this is the most insightful and accurate thoughts you have ever had. I think you are good and I love you with all my heart.

Slic Ric said...

You forgot to mention Stevie B's