Sunday, September 24, 2006

This Will Be Quick and Painless

In order for me to post that Pogues mix that Patrick *kind of* requested, I'll have to use something to compress the files, so I can put them on SendSpace.

So what does that mean for you, one, maybe two, people who will take five minutes out of your surely busy day to download these mp3s I post out of sheer boredom?

It means that you'll have to download a program called 7-Zip in order to download the files.

Now, I'm sure most of you decided to stop reading this post once you read the words "download" and "program," but for those of your who are still with me, don't worry. This won't take you long. I promise.

1. Go to http://www.7-zip.org/
2. Click the first "Download" link
3. Select a mirror
4. Download and install the file

Now, after you download the album from SendSpace, when you right click on the file that is downloaded, you should see an option that says 7-Zip. Run your cursor over it and click, "extract."

I'll try this out in a few minutes.

That's it. Bingo. Bango. Bongo. Let's get it on in the Congo.

No comments: