Monday, September 11, 2006

Livin' the Dream: Blaxploitation

If you can see the other post I made tonight, please disregard it. It looks like I'm even more computer illiterate than I'd first anticipated.

Anyway, if you've already caught a glimpse of the picture below, I know what you're thinking: "Hey brah, some of those guys don't look fratty enough for Livin' the Dream." But bear with me.

In light of recent events, this week's LTD focuses on the ever-changing relationship between the University's Greek system and the African-American community. Here, we have an example of the time-honored tradition of taking a quick picture with the black guy you see on the sidewalk while walking from "The General" to City Bar.

"Hey, let's talk to this guy for a while. That'll definitely make me feel better about myself."

"Yeah, we don't have black people in Lilburn. Well, except on the football team, but they don't really live there anyway."

3 comments:

JJBA said...

I dislike some people in Savannah but I can get along with most of those people just because they are not like these people. I've always stated my dislike for them but I swear if I hear them complain about anymore pointless bullshit and how they make their life seem so complicated and important than I'm gonna have to ask Rick to drink a case of "Rockstar", 2 Handles of "Makers Mark", and 16 "Jager Bombs" without tipping, and tell him one of these dickfaces said something about the Murph.

Charlie Dodson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Charlie Dodson said...

dear jjh4- i agree with your post and admire much of what you have just said. however, making a remark about such a ferocious animal is just not smart.