Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Carolina's Aren't the Same

"I am undefeated in this city. 3-0. Columbia should just go ahead and give me the keys to the city, because I own this place! Carolina fans know when I come into town that I'm a world champion!" As you can imagine, all of this was said while walking back to the car after last night's game. Therefore, Rick kept to his word yesterday and made sure the Carolina's would never be the same when he came across the border. I must say that there were a few times yesterday I was a little worried about Rick making it to the game, but he came through and once again we won a big game. I truly believe Larry's foolproof plan is perfect. We just can't lose when Rick goes all out! The only part of the plan that never came full circle was the crushing of the beer cans. I say this because it seems like Rick has made a new friend...

The Makers and Cokes were going down like water as soon as the Ford Explorer hit I-20 at 9:45 yesterday morning. As the day wore on, the bottle kept disappearing and Rick kept getting crazier and crazier. I can't tell you how many times I heard some Carolina fan start yelling at him and Rick telling them to come back to the Explorer to see his nightstick and baseball bat. Even George Roger's Blvd traffic was stopped about 2 in the afternoon because someone with a massive Georgia flag was walking up the middle of the road and stopping to wave it around yelling "Go DAWGS!" That person....Rick himself. By gametime, the Makers bottle was completely empty. Rick was as blitzed as I had ever seen him and he disappeared to the stadium. I thought that might have been the last time I'd see him until the game ended, especially when I heard that he had gotten shoved by some Carolina fans in a nearby lot. Rick denies this. I found him alive and well later as we sat in the student section.
To top things off, Georgia's own Jeff Dantzler sat 4 rows behind us and was hammered beyond belief. Wearing his Georgia baseball tshirt and khaki shorts, JD grabbed some guy's fiance and told her that she was coming with him tonight. He would stumble around and make a fool of himself the rest of the night.
So to conclude, Rick is going to have to go all out for Georgia's remaining games. I'd say our record is pretty good when it comes to him getting this way. Larry hit the nail on the head when he came up with this and yesterday Rick made no exception!

No comments: