Sunday, September 27, 2009

I was not aware of the dancing by the players until it was brought up on the post game call-in show. Obviously, there were a number of fans irritated by the players dancing to “Swag Surfing” on the sideline during a 17-17 game in the 4th Quarter. Maybe no one was more irritated than the best college football kicker ever. When asked by Jeff Dantzler on the post game show what Coach Dooley would have done to his players for actions like this, Butler said, “They won’t allow me to say that on the radio. I just know it was very embarrassing. But I do know Drew would not want to come home if he partook in it.”

Now I have no problem with the players getting excited and I don‘t really blame them for it. But there is a time and place for certain things. In a tied College football game, which has an actual band in the stadium, I’d rather have my 100+ ranked team being coached on what is and isn’t a penalty than having Club Ice take over Sanford Stadium. Coach Richt might be the best coach ever to lead this program and no one will argue he is an even better person. It is impossible to police everything but he might want to ask Dr. Adams and Mr. Evans which one of them approved the song that chronicles some of the player's January activities.

This is probably being blown out of proportion and is a minute thing for a team that went on to win, is 3-1, and ranked in the top 15. College Football just deserves better.

7 comments:

Slic Ric said...

I think this is being blown out of proportion. Let me just say that I don't approve of their antics at all. That's how we get the nickname "thUGA." At the same time though, there's a bit of a double standard being implemented here. When the the Soulja Boy craze caught on in 2007 most fans, young and old, myself included, thought it was the coolest shit ever. Everyone was doing it. I didn't hear any complaints then. So now, 2 short years later, dancing on the sidelines is completely unacceptable?

Slic Ric said...

Also, I listened to the 5th quarter show on 960 last night with Dave Johnson, Kelin Johnson, and AJ Bryant (why he's on there idk) and Kelin and AJ had a completely different take on it than KB (which I heard what he said). They didn't seem to have any problems with it. As far as what Dooley would have done, Kevin I love ya dawg but these are different times we live in and this is a different breed of Bulldog football players.

JJBA said...

Well this different breed is also leading the conference in penalties and coughing up the football more than anybody else. There are 1000+ people on the message boards that think we have to have a funky dance song to win football games. I love me some Teenage Wasteland, I just don't know why The University of Georgia has to go out of the way to play something over the loud speakers any time there is dead air, especially stuff that is crap. I'm talking about the Nickleback stuff as well. Let the NFL and SSU do that. If we can't get motivated by simply the notion of winning and with the help of 92,000 people, maybe I just don't get it.

JJBA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shane said...

I think you accidentally called Nickleback "crap". I forgive you, just dont let it happen again.

JJBA said...

This is something that happens a lot of places, not just Georgia. I just don't like it in general.

And in 2007 we were dancing with a 3 TD lead, not on the brink of losing to a middle of the pack PAC-10 team.

Denny said...

they always try to recreate the soulja boy blackout moment....and it wont happen again