Sunday, December 02, 2007

BS!

Let me start off by saying that this is the first time I have ever won a parlay (LSU over UT, OSU over Oregon, and Oklahoma over MIZZou) and I gotta saying I thought I'd be happier now. Simply put, I think all the bullshit about how LSU (as everyone on any ESPN affiliate has already "crowned") should go play Ohio State in the BCS Championship is a crime (some of you might agree.) What my main problem is, and let it be known that I'm pretty drunk right now, is that if every week one team is gonna jump another team that hasn't lost, then what is the point of ranking teams during the season. Instead, either come out with only one poll during the season the week after all games have been played OR rank teams with games remaining higher than those that don't. If UGA doesn't go to the National Championship this year than the BCS ranking system is a bigger cock tease than any girl donnies has ever messed around with.

Another problem I have is that people put too much emphasis on who the best team was at the beginning of the year. Yeah, at the beginning of the year I don't think UGA would have stood a chance against LSU, BUT a lot has changed. Shit, the reason people are some hellbent on a playoff system is because they think the teams that are playing the best at the end of the year are the most deserving of the championship game. If that were the case then Georgia would certainly be up there, and LSU (who lost last week) wouldn't.

Some people would think that I am a huge Georgia fan but, what I am most concerned about is where my early January is going to be spent. That, and I'd hate to see Georgia Southern get screwed out of the chance to beat the reigning National Champs.

p.s. I confuse cock teases and whores sometimes.

2 comments:

Slic Ric said...

Great points Shane. Like CMR said, people ranked Georgia at #4 so they must think they are better than LSU, Oklahoma, etc. It's simple mathematics: #1 and #2 lose, #3 and #4 play for the national title. Like Manson Owens said, KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).

P.S. Holland and Bell let the Dawgs down tonight- BIG TALKERS!

Charlie Dodson said...

The Dogs won so we had to go win. Please send Chris and all the brothers our deepest apologies.