Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Week in Review










Yeah, so the whole Friday Haiku idea was a BUST. I've now decided to make Sunday the day of the week to discuss the events of the past week related to my life. But for old times sake; please enjoy this one last Haiku:








Big porch on Friday




But Gibson saw more ponies




Beerfest this weekend.












Au revoir( goodbye in French) Haikus...








And now for the new feature...








1: Thank God the Masters ended a week ago. Apparently, Zack Johnson was the least bad golfer in the field. It's obvious that the play of golf is at an all-time low considering that no one broke par. Somewhere, there must be one big ass refrigerator with a lot of pictures in it.








2: Ryan Gibson might be the funniest person to ever walk this earth. I highly recommend befriending him on Facebook and checking out his pictures along with the unique captions produced by the man himself.








3: I am registered for 3 HACE classes next fall. That shit better be a good idea.








4: We are about 5 weeks away from The Beach Bum Parade. I hope that at least half the people on this blog are able to attend. I know Athens has bars, parking lots with about 100 gallons of bleach water, and Stevie B's, but please consider what Beach Bum brings: cold beer, an ocean, a beach, free hamburgers and hot dogs, wet girls, and bars. I know that we, as a group, have had our problems on this day, but it would be stupid for anyone not to attend. Any excuse for missing The Beach Bum Parade is a bad one. Remember: no one is FORCED to drive on that day and Fred is a fire inspector now.








5: October Sky, Rudy, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Patch Adams, and Borat are my top 5 movies of all time. I came to this realization yesterday while watch October Sky and drinking.








6: I thought my beerfest team would include Troughton and Pat Bunger, but now P Lowe tells me it's him, Rooks, me and someone else. If any of yall are heading to the Boro this weekend, we should get a team together, " The Mussolini Hooches".








7: City Bar is one of my top 3 bars in Athens along with GB's and Allgood.








8: If we would have played a BC baseball game on Jackie Robinson Day, would Bunger have worn 42?








9: Shane did not publish a joke this week because HE IS A JOKE.








10: I gurantee that there will be a Bell v. Maher Saturday April 21st.












5 comments:

Charlie Dodson said...

I am a moron. Sorry about all the white space.

Slic Ric said...

1.The Masters did suck.
2. Gibson very well could be the funniest man alive.
3. The HACE classes were a good idea.
4. I will NOT be attending Beach Bum parade.
5. Rudy is the only movie I agree with for your top 5.
6. I just don't know what to think about this Beerfest thing.
7. Why in the hell is city bar in your top 3? I hope it's only because LK likes it.
8. Bunger wearing 42 would go against everything Jackie Robinson stood for. That being said, I would still laugh my ass off.
9. I won't interject myself into the Bell/Murray feud but I will use #9 to say good job on the spacing between the items on your list.
10.The Bell vs. Maher confrontation will be more entertaining than the Bell vs. Spaghetti Eddie incident from a couple of years ago.

PMac said...

If I thought the Bell vs. Spaghetti Eddie incident was good, then Bell vs. Maher just seems ten times better. Now that I think about it, you might have both Maher and Spaghetti Eddie down there to deal with.

On another note, yes you would be correct in saying that there was a huge refridgerator with alot of pictures in it. Works like a charm!

JJBA said...

Great Post Idea.

1. Masters was disappointing but still one of the top 3 Sporting events in the world.
2. Dantzler > Gibson
3. HACE = Good.
4. Good thing C-Lodge has porches.
5. Tommy Boy, Rudy, who cares, who cares, Robin Hood PofT soundtrack.
6. Beerfest = Terrible idea, but will be funny.
7. Tiftarea. BSBG,BH,8es
8. I'd go with Mattie D.
9/10. Bell will add 2 more losses to members of '03. Murray > Bell / Maher > Bell.

Barstool69 said...

1: See post below

2: Absolutely No Comment


3: I'm in one of them...see you at 9:30 in the morning


4: I'll be in Tybee this weekend trying to keep people from getting arrested...I'll be in D.C. for Beach Bum

5:
1) Forrest Gump
2) Shawshank Redemption
3) Tombstone
4) A Few Good Men
5) Last of the Mohicans
6) The Departed

Hon Mention: Any gangster movie like The Untouchables, Goodfellas, or a Bronx Tale & Robin Hood Prince of Thieves

"Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for
I can't help it there's nothin' I want more
Ya know it's true
Everything I do I do it for you"

6: Old South > Beerfest


7: Bourbon Street > All Others

Hon Mention: That bar with that game where you throw pucks

8: Got nothing

9: He was more of a joke when I schooled him in basketball

10: Schwarz and JJ vs. UGA football team sort of almost happened but not really