Sunday, April 22, 2007

Bell v. Maher


I said it would happen, and it happened. Leighton and I decided to take the next step in our relationship. We had a fight, a real fight. And even though he's an awful fighter, I think we'll be fine. So what's the big deal? Doesn't Leighton get in fights every weekend? I think he does, but I would like to discuss and break down the dynamics of Bell v. Maher


Point A: On this very blog, I did predict a fight between Leighton and myself. So I went down there looking for a fight right? In actuality, I realized that there were many people there who I'd had past issues with so I decided to play it cool and not be the kid who got in 4 separate fights. I said absolutely nothing to Leighton all night until I said, " Yall are out; Yall are out; It's the rules. Rules are rules." Then he came at me. And it wasn't much of a fight. But that was just the beginning.


B: Well it's his house so I shouldn't screw with him in the first place.

1: I didn't screw with him.

2: He had people over and made them pay to drink and be in Beerfest. Without our participation and money, there'd be no beerfest.


C: Everyone turned into a bunch of little girls. It's a stupid little wrestling match and as soon as we got off the ground then it should have been over and done with. If I had really wanted to knock his ass out, I would have done so. If he would have really wanted to get maybe one shot in, then he could have endured the beating and surely brushed my face with one hit. Neither of us really wanted to fight; he just felt like he had to.


D: From what I gather, everyone who lives with Leighton is known for having bad tempers. You'd think they'd be better fighters if they got in so many fights. But it's obvious that they'll only fight when they must; John Patton is the most hostile guy I've ever come across. He def deserved Chad's assault. What am I getting at here? It's obvious that these guys are out to prove that they are just badasses. Of course, they aren't. I've seen one play basketball, one try to fight me, and one yell at his girlfriend; they are all women. So while I might have predicted a fight between myself and Leighton, it was HIM who was and always is looking for a fight. Before too long, he'll find one with someone who can fight and wants to fight, and that'll be the last time he ever goes out looking for fights.


E: I was kind of pissed at Leighton's roommates for taking his side, when, in my mind, they were just ignoring the facts and the sensible way of looking at it. Shane chose to look at it from both sides. And I got pissed and walked to P Lowe's about 3am without a shirt on. I'm special. But really I guess I was just pissed because, believe it or not, after 7 hours of drinking, people overreacted and took sides.


F: If there would not have been a Bell v. Maher, there would have been a Maher v. someone.

3 comments:

PMac said...

Very nice analysis. Once again it sounds like Leighton was trying to prove himself in front of his friends. I'm glad ya'll settled matters for now!

Shane said...

greeat picture by the way

PMac said...

Hey is that the Gargantuan in the back?