Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Grandest Stage of Them All

Wrestlemania 23 is set to take place in Detroit at Ford Field in approximately three hours. It's the biggest event of the year in sports entertainment and it's the event the WWE bases its entire year around. It attracts attention from all over the globe and there's always a lot of celebrities in attendance. Words cannot truly describe the magnitude of a Wrestlemania so I'm just gonna include the final Wrestlemania 23 card and my predictions (and a video that I'm sure will make some people chuckle):
- WWE World Title Match: John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels
My prediction: HBK wins. I hate John Cena because he's an Eminem wannabe.
- WWE World Heavyweight Title Match: Batista vs. The Undertaker
My prediction: Taker's never lost at Wrestlemania and I don't think Batista is going to break his undefeated streak.
- Battle of the Billionaires: Umaga w/ Vince McMahon vs. Bobby Lashley w/ Donald Trump
My prediction: Lashley wins because there's no way Trump is going to get his head shaved. However that would be the ULTIMATE Vinnie Mac screwjob.
- Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Edge, Randy Orton, Finlay, Booker, CM Punk, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Kennedy
My prediction: Edge wins because he's the top heel at the moment and Orton's in the WWE doghouse with the steroid story in Sports Illustrated.
- ECW Originals vs. The New Breed - Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, RVD, Sandman vs. Matt Striker, Marcus cor Von, Kevin Thorn, Elijah Burke
My prediction: I have no idea who any of these people are except for RVD because I don't watch ECW but I'll take the New Breed because I'm not a big RVD fan either.
- WWE Women's Title Lumberjill Match: Melina vs. Ashley Massaro
My prediction: Don't really care but I think Ashley will win because she's getting a lot of attention now with her recent Playboy spread.
- Kane vs. The Great Khali
My prediction: Great Khali wins a terrible match because I read Kane is suppose to be taking some time off after Wrestlemania to heal up.
- WWE U.S. Title Match: Chris Benoit vs. MVP
My prediction: Benoit wins and the fact that MVP is a part of Wrestlemania and Flair and Carlito aren't makes me want to throw up.

No comments: