Thursday, February 08, 2007

PGA Tour Loses Tournament


I'm posting this because I know some of us like to follow golf and one of us is just enamoured with the multitiude of different scoring formats for golf. The International tournament has been cancelled, effective immeadiately. The tournament is being cancelled due to the lack of sponsor interest and the inability of the tournament to fund itself. The International at Castle Pines , held just outside of Denver, is most known for using the modified Stableford scoring system which rewards agressive play. The tournament was moved to the week of Independence Day in 2007 after being played in August for a majority of its existence. One of my 10 favorite tournaments, The International leaves a void that forces the tour to search for a replacement in the heart of golf season. Washington D.C is the #1 candidate to hold the new event but oddly there has been a significant push by one of the tour's players for the tounament to be held in either Las Vegas or Bentonville.

7 comments:

Slic Ric said...

yeh I liked that tournament. I think I could win that one. I can go +30 with no problems, and that's just one round.

PMac said...

I remember I was talking to Gene Sauers at the Sav. Golf Club the week before he headed out there to play in the tournament and he said that you had to use 1-2 less clubs because of the elevation. Think of what Daly's driving distance was that week!

Charlie Dodson said...

enamoured= 7 dollar word


For 7 bucks, you could get 7 Long Islands or some flavored cardboard.

Charlie Dodson said...

enamoured= 7 dollar word


For 7 bucks, you could get 7 Long Islands or some flavored cardboard.

Barstool69 said...

we heard you the first time

Charlie Dodson said...

Oh I'm sorry. Thanks for the valuable post.

JJBA said...

On a different note, looks like great weather for baseball tomorrow.