Monday, August 28, 2006

"Just Another Day in Paradise"

Today, after pulling up next to a green jeep grand cherokee belonging to a friend of Rick's, I made my way up to softball field #9 ( We were supposed to be on field # 10 but someone that used to play right field on my old softball team was doing an instructional hitting video shoot there). Anyways, after the teacher(who probably knows CW3 Carl since they're both from Washington) is done with role, a fellow dressed in a polo shirt tucked into his jeans with an obvious can of dip in his right back pocket walks up. When the teacher asks his name, the kid casually responds, "Mathews". The teacher checks his role and says that he does not have a Mathews in the class and then asks the kid what his first name is to which the kid responds, "Mathews". Now, I was not in the right frame of mind to even hear his last name but frankly I did not care. Man, they sure do make it easy.

No comments: