Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Odell Thurman or Mudcat?

As I've stated numerous times before, I think this is the best week of  football season.  The weather is cooling, the season is on the back half but still has some life, and the greatest scene in college football is about to unfold at the Gator Bowl.



Now that Vinnie Mac is running the Bulldog program, I have no idea what will happen Saturday.  One part of me says that Shawn William's comments will be a great moment in Georgia history and the Dawgs come out looking like there are 11 Odell Thurman's on the field.  The other part of me says a guy talking for 10 minutes will do nothing to help the busted coverages, inability to rush the passer, and the moronic penalties.  On that note, I'm glad someone said something to at least give me the idea they truly know how bad they suck.

Negatives:
- Our offensive line is terrible and Florida's defensive line is great.
- Not one part of our special teams is any good.
- The defense is soft.
- 23 years since we beat the Gaytors twice in a row.

Positives:
- CMR has won as a bigger underdog than this.  Just not in a while.

- On a good day, Georgia has a QB and receivers that can pitch and catch.  Florida hasn't seen much of that this year.
- Win and the ceiling is still the National Championship.
- Weather is an equalizer and the last time it rained a little bit in Jax, things went pretty well.


I understand the apathy from the Georgia people.  What I don't understand is the attitude that the season is over and lets fire everyone now and get on with it.  Football season is only here for what seems like a couple of weeks and the Dawgs still have an opportunity to have one of the greatest seasons ever.  Do I think we win Saturday? NO!  But if we do, those people can't get this week back.


2 comments:

Slic Ric said...

The title of this post is dead on the money. Are we going to be players Saturday or busts? That's the question. I'm actually more excited for this game then I've been in awhile (well since South Carolina at least). I'm not so much excited about our prospects of winning, which again are slim to none. I'm excited to find out what team is going to show up and how they're going to respond to these "manhood" challenges. I'm excited to see if the coaches gameplanned aggressively or scared (see South Carolina). It's Georgia-Florida, it's still a big game, and God Damnit I'm still excited. Just hope it doesn't come down to an XP;)

JJBA said...

I forgot to mention the onside kick recovery by Norman which probably won the Kentucky game. It was ridiculous how we played that ball and a helluva play by 1 guy.