Thursday, October 25, 2012

Boom This MF'r


Let's end the week on a positive note. Now everybody knows I was on the Coach BOOM MF'r train before anyone back in '06. If I had to choose a guy to take CMR's place it would've been him, with "would've" being the operative word. Coach BOOM MF'r is a traitor now and must be punished for his actions. Every time he talks about growing up and walking to Ben Hill Griffin Stadium for Florida games or wanting to be a Gator his whole life I feel like he's slapping Bulldog Nation in our collective face. I don’t expect CMR to slap him back but a win Saturday would be just as good.

For all the hype and praise I gave Coach Boom MF’r back in the day, there’s one thing I often overlooked. What’s that you ask? What could I have possibly glossed over while watching his top 10 defenses and fiery, unfiltered personality? How about this little nugget:

CMR OWNS Coach BOOM MF’r

Okay, "owns" might be a stretch but stay with me. Coach BOOM MF’r was named LSU’s DC in 2002 under Nick Saban. He has since faced Georgia a total of 6 times as DC/HC. Georgia has won four of those games, four in a row to be exact, scoring an average of 37.75 points per victory on his defenses. Even better, Bobo is 2-0 against Coach BOOM MF’r as an OC and we all know how much Bobo sucks (minus the ’97 season).

Apache and his son Crimson will tell you “trends don’t win.” Me, I’m looking for a ray of hope. Everybody, myself included, wants CMR to show more fire on the sidelines but, ironically, his calm, level-headed nature has gotten the best of Coach BOOM MF’r more times than not. There’s a reason Apache’s radio show got taken off the air. Trends can win and with the “perfect storm” bearing down on the east coast, literally and figuratively, I’m picking the Dawgs to upset the Gators 26-24 (and no I'm not drunk).

CMR vs. Coach BOOM MF’r
2003: Georgia: 10… LSU: 17 (Regular Season)
2003: Georgia: 13… LSU: 34 (SEC Championship Game)
2004: Georgia: 45… LSU: 16
2006: Georgia: 37… Auburn: 15
2007: Georgia: 45… Auburn: 20
2011: Georgia: 24… Florida: 20

The numbers don't lie. Steveweisers on me if we see another "stunner" Saturday!

1 comment:

Charlie Dodson said...

And who says OIA has lost a step?!!

We are back baby!

Go Dogs.

34-23. Love you got to go.