Sunday, September 19, 2010

A reason to Watch

Though I have little confidence in the program right now, I'm going to go in a different direction on this post.

- We can play loose with nothing to lose the rest of the way. 2007 shows we can go on a run when there is little to no hope. 2007 followed a 2006 season that was very similar to 2009.

-A.J. Green has to do a whole bunch to make up for what has occurred. Once again, I don't know if we win yesterday with him but we throw it to him on that last 3rd down and I like our chances. From Colorado on we will have the best player in every game.

- The coaches have to realize there is a problem. They will hear and see all the numbers and records that have been brought up in the last 24 hours. Though last year and Carolina should have been a wake up call, the Goff comparisons would really do it for me.

- The schedule from here on out looks great. Mississippi St. is more than losable though. Georgia can play with the nothing to lose mentality or go 180 degrees the other way and fold. Starkville will shed some light on that. A win and the schedule is not daunting with only 2 ranked teams.

- Murray is a gamer and will continue to get better. The offensive line can't play any worse. If nothing else the play of the O-line and secondary might force the coaches to try some guys they might otherwise have not. Might find some players.

- Finally, Florida is not a world beater and Carolina has a handful of losable games. Florida will lose to Bama and Georgia. Carolina will lose at least 2 but probably more. I'll be shocked if we only lose 1 more game the rest of the way. But contrary to what I said last week, we are not completely dead if we do find some magic.

The interesting thing to watch is the fan base. For the first time in a long time there will be some Georgia fans that pull against the Dawgs at times. Their theory will be the faster things get bad, the faster it will get better. There will be Georgia followers rooting for the opponent hoping for change at the top.

3 comments:

JJBA said...

From Emerson's blog after Sunday teleconference:

Finally, the coach was asked about having to motivate his players, now with a 1-2 record.

“My guess is these guys will get right back on the horse, start right, and get right back to work,” Richt said. “I think we all wanna have a real positive result in the win column. So I don’t think that’ll be an issue. I think we’ve got some really strong leadership and people that care."

Here is what I think Saban would have said:

“I WILL MAKE SURE these guys get right back on the horse, start right, and get right back to work,” Richt said. “I KNOW we all wanna have a real positive result in the win column. That WILL NOT be an issue. I KNOW we've got some really strong leadership and people that care."

I know its just a quote and I don't think there is anything wrong with the politically correct route that CMR usually takes, but all the "thinks" might give a glimpse into part of the problem.

Charlie Dodson said...

PMA, baby. I like it.

And regarding Richt's words being just words, they still count for something.

Slic Ric said...

There's always a reason to watch: because it's Georgia. That's our team and that's who we have chosen to pull for in good times and bad. That being said I don't necessarily have to like what I'm watching. I'll have the game on Saturday night as I'm sure everybody else will. I just hope we can field a winner this weekend. You think it's bad now? Lose in Starkville Saturday night, which is completely possible at this point, and the s*** will have officially hit the fan.