Friday, June 04, 2010

Top Five Friday: Saturday Afternoon in Stick's Town

1. Everyone should know by now that the Georgia games against South Carolina and Arkansas are going to have brutal noon kickoffs in September. Seeing as Rick has the deed to Columbia, I'm thinking he should have no problem getting the first one moved up a few hours. If not, at least Aaron Murray's first SEC game won't be at night and on the road.

2. I'm sure y'all stayed up for the softball game last night. Another late start tonight against the Fightin' Dotsons. I'm thinking about a live blog, but I'm worried I'll run out of steam after about two innings.

3. Speaking of live blogs, I've gotten a little World Cup fever this week. It all started with Joe Posnanski's great profile of Landon Donovan in Sports Illustrated. Not a bad few weeks here with the World Cup along with the NBA Finals, college baseball and the Braves looking like the '27 Yankees.

4. I don't know what this is supposed to be, but I love it.

5. A great music year for me (new DBT, Hold Steady, The National, Gaslight Anthem, Jack White) gets better with a new Ryan Bingham record due this fall.

And on the subject of Ryan Bingham, I can't post the song of the century too many times:

3 comments:

Barstool69 said...

Arkansas=11am kickoff. FML.

JJBA said...

The odds of both of those games being at noon have to be astronomical. That leaves Tennessee as the only possible home night game. If that doesn't happen Georgia's latest start time very well could be 4:30 at Colorado.

Shane said...

I hope my fan o maniac status never gets revoked!?!?!?!!