Sunday, May 10, 2009

The After Party

Alright Schiv. I let you have a few hours of face time. Back to the story...

When we last left Slic', he and two beautiful ladies and their friend were piling into a taxi and heading out for night in Hotlanta.

Wow! That about sums up Saturday night. I'll be honest, I don't remember everything. That's usually McCarthy's job but I will take you through the events I do remember. Once we left the wedding reception we headed down to East Andrews because a) it's awesome and b) they are pretty lenient on fake ID's. I had $250 cash in my wallet with the intent on not breaking out the Suntrust Gold Card that evening. Everything was going according to plan until about 5 minutes after we got there. Some guy that the other wedding date knew I think wanted to buy us shots. Feeling like he was trying to show Slic' up, the Gold Card came out right away. I don't know what the tab ended up being but I'm sure I have the receipt somewhere. I'd probably rather not know. It was a typical Slic' evening. There was struttin', wooooooin', fine clothes, fine women, shots, and a fight almost broke out which I instigated and provoked. I'm not sure what I said to upset the guy but let's just say whatever it was it was enough to get 5 of his buddies to hold him back. Meanwhile nobody was holding Slic' back. The only thing I was holding back was my right hand as I stood ready to deliver an earth shattering knife-edge chop that would have not only ruined that guy's night but probably his entire life. I can't remember the guy's name but I think it started with a K. It's not really important because he's not really important. Nothing happened but I definitely think it added to an already electric atmosphere. You could just tell it was one of those nights. East Andrews was the place to be in Atlanta, GA. Saturday night and Slic' was callin' the shots.

One of the more entertaining highlights of the evening involved 2 school teachers who I think were in there mid to late 30s. Apparently they thought Slic Ric was some kind of fine and decided to damn near strip me down to my boxers right there in the bar in front of everyone. I think there are some scandalous pictures floating around that may surface at some point this week. I heard one of them was not only married but married to a KA. That's okay. It didn't stop her and it didn't stop me. In fact, it paved the way for a rather interesting exchange. The "Boss" Bruce Springsteen line I dropped last weekend in Athens was pretty damn impressive if I do say so myself but last night produced some memorable lines as well.

Memorable Exchange #1 (paraphrasing what she said):
School Teacher- That's a great looking suit you have on... yeah I'm married to a KA (not sure how that came up but the fact that we got that far is pretty good).

Slic'- I'll tell you what sweetheart, because you're married to a KA I can tell you've been deprived and starved for the sight of a real man. In about 4 hours (this was around midnight) I'm gonna slide out of all this magnificence and show you what a real man, your World Champion, looks like. Can you go 60 minutes with the Champ? Woooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really sure what her response was but I think the whole stripping thing was taking place about this time. This actually could have been what nearly started the altercation I discussed a little earlier on but I'm not sure. Of course it could have been this other gem I dropped a little later on in the evening while being mobbed by these 2 older ladies. I didn't need them to say anything to unleash this one. This just came natural.

Quote of the Evening
Slic'- Vanna White's got nothing on you two girls but I'll tell you what. I'll let both of ya spin this wheel of fortune, woooooooooooooooooooo, any time!!!!!!!!!!!


I know what you're thinking. How does he do it? Truth be told I don't know. Some people just have the gift of gab.

The pocket square experiment proved to only last an evening and didn't even make it through the evening. I can't say that I'm surprised. If it is not attached there's always a chance it might not make it through the night. I believe one of the teachers took the red pocket square as a keepsake and memento from her night on the town with Slic'. I'm just glad I picked up a couple more fans and touched a couple more lives.

I don't remember much about the taxi ride back to the hotel.

Now when I tell you hangin' with Slic' is an "all night ride" I'm not just flapping my gums. I talk the talk and walk the walk. It ain't bragging if you can back it up. Just ask Baby Doll. By the time we went to sleep it was already daylight outside. And I know you all have your minds in the gutter so get 'em out. It was nothing more than hours of interesting pillow talk.

As far as the consequences of my actions last night go, I lost my phone again. I had it in my coat pocket and it could have fallen out while I was being undressed. It also could have fallen out when I decided to take my jacket off after feeling the situation with the pissed off guy was about to escalate into a full-blown altercation. Bottom line, that makes 3 phones in 3 months. Not exactly a great track record. To make matters worse, Asurion revoked my cell phone insurance so I can't just file a claim on-line and have a new phone delivered tomorrow. That really blows so now I have to get a brand new phone and I'm not eligible for any kind of replacement insurance until 2010. I don't see this as anything more than a minor setback. I'll stop by Verizon and pick up another phone tomorrow after work. To quote my female blogger nominee (who may just win the contest by default whether you like it or not unless somebody else steps up to the plate), such is "the price of popularity."

Obviously we still have over half the year to go but I think last night is a very strong candidate for one of my top 5 nights of 2009. I have to thank my Bama beauties, Emily and Jennie, for extending me the invitation and providing Slic' with such a nice hotel room. I told you, the Golden Stallion never disappoints!

The next stop on Slic's Reunion Tour, and boy will it ever be a reunion, is Tybee Island, GA for the 2009 Beach Bum Parade. Hope to see everybody there. Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update: I have a phone again. I was thinking about starting a Facebook group entitled "East Andrews Stole My Phone: Need Numbers" but I decided against it.

28 comments:

Pl0we said...

pillow talk?

Charlie Dodson said...

From Wikipedia...

Pillow talk is the relaxed, intimate conversation that often occurs between two sexual partners after the act of lovemaking, usually accompanied by cuddling, caresses, and other physical intimacy.

PMac said...

My God

Jay Thaw said...

+10 Donnie

Pl0we said...

intimate rick?

Slic Ric said...

Didn't see this line of comments coming (sarcasm). And to think, I was debating on whether or not to include that paragraph. Maybe "pillow talk" wasn't the best choice of words with this group. My fault, I should have known better.

Barstool69 said...

I agree Rick, you and I are the only mature ones in this group. Shame on the rest of you guys.

PMac said...

The Wheel of Fortune comment cracks me up.

Slic Ric said...

It cracks me up too just thinking about it. Don't be surprised if you hear it on Friday.

Pl0we said...

did she have pillow pants and listerfiend?

Slic Ric said...

Let's keep it civilized.

Shane said...

Why start now?

Slic Ric said...

Shane while I agree that this blog has never been the epitome of civility, let's keep the comments aimed at the OIA and OITO participants and not the innocent bystanders.

anymouse said...

Slic's a regular knight in shining armor in here.

Good decision on the Facebook group, though. That would have been even fruitier than the hours of pillow talk.

Pl0we said...

hey rick how much is your dry cleaning bill with all these suits you have?

Slic Ric said...

Ah. The mouse strikes again trying to rain on Slic's parade.

I never claimed to be a knight in shining armor but in today's society, where anti-heroes seem to be more of the norm than the exception, I believe I fit the bill.

I had several responses rolling around in my head in regards to the fruity comment but I'm going to hold back. I know that's not like me but I think it is best in this situation.

PLowe, the dry cleaning bill isn't bad at all. It's only $50-60 a month.

Charlie Dodson said...

I'd like to see how many football players would join your group, Ric.

The entire D-line, Gray/Durham/Boling/Butler, Orson Charles/Aaron Murray....

Charlie Dodson said...

Shane's comment on Ric's previous post: (It got pushed down, and I just wanted to make sure everyone saw it)

"Some notes/comments...

Whats the difference between a custom made and a non-custom made suit?

Mickey Mouse watches are pretty sweet!

The picture art is awesome. You should have gone to school for web design or something like that. Better yet, you should teach the classes.

I think when you try to tip at an open bar, you probably look more like a cracker than a high roller.

Can't wait to see you Friday!"

Slic Ric said...

The Facebook group thing was meant to be a joke. Lighten up Francis ($1 to anyone who can guess what movie that line is from).

Slic Ric said...

Sorry for not responding to Murray's questions/comments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suit_(clothing)

If you are a fan of Mickey Mouse watches far be it for me to judge your taste and preference when it comes to watches.

While I am proud of my artwork, I would never go to SCAD and I certainly do not look like a Tech fan so web design is out of the question.

The tip jars were full at the Knight's for Flemming's reception and that was an open bar.

Tell Ray Ray I'll be stopping in for a Killarita or 2.

Pl0we said...

the quote is from stripes...ill take my dollar

Slic Ric said...

Very impressed Plowe. I don't think that movie gets enough credit. As Holland would say, "very underrated."

sauers6 said...

again, I announce my displeasure for trivia questions on the world wide web.

Shane said...

Another rtivia question. Just name the movie. Top 10 movie of the past decade:

"The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle."

Andrew, you keep questioning PLOWES integrity...

Charlie Dodson said...

Paycheck?

Slic Ric said...

Incorrect Dirty Donnie but I like the participation. I have that movie on DVD if you ever want to borrow it though. I really don't need it anyways. I saw it in the theatres.

PMac said...

Yea you saw it in the theatres alright.

Joe said...

Lucky Number Slevin