Monday, December 01, 2008

Weekend Thoughts



1. Congrats to Reardon, Fleming, Lamar,Demott, and Harriot. All good guys who have to feel good after Saturday.

2. I could care less about Tech players and our hedges. At least we have their nets.

3. The whole transfer of power thing makes me laugh. They will be solid as long as Johnson is there and will probably be in constant contention for the ACC crown. But we'll be in contention for the SEC crown. And if our performances in big games against Bama, Florida, and Tech this year make you sick- then welcome to the world of Tech athletics in EVERY sport.

4. Food poisioning sucks. At least I didn't have to hang out Murray too much this weekend.

5. Mo Mass is awesome. I'm glad I never booed him. I'm happy for Tripp Chandler as well although I still don't like him.

6. I agree with Shane on the Stafford thing. Of course, his arguments against Stafford were terrible but that's to be expected.

7. Moreno has been great. I hope he stays, but if he goes, then thanks and good luck.

8. Ellerbe's situation is similar to Georgia's situation. Maybe a little too hyped before the year. Alabama hurt him and they really killed our season. He was too banged up to ever have a chance against Florida and so were we. Against Tech he was back and we had chances, but we couldn't do it. I'd still rather have Ellerbe than any other LB out there. I'd still rather be a fan of Georgia than anywhere else. The last part of Ellerbe= GA football is that we thought he'd be an All-SEC LB but it's Curran who will probably be ALL-SEC. And maybe Cox, Gray, or even Murray will be better for us than Stafford.

9. It really feels like basketball season now for me. I am going to try to go to a lot of BC basketball games this year. Too bad TC is back for his 37th year. I was under the impression they had finally moved on but I guess not.

10. Swarz got me back by flooding my bathroom. Thank goodness the Sandcastle prepared me for such situations.

11. There is not a better person to go downtown with than PLOWE.

12. If anyone wants to make a hundred bucks, then write me a 4-5 page paper on some public policy where rational choice theory is ignored.

13. After Tuesday no more Jim Martin/ Saxby ads. Thank God. To hell with Sigma Chi.

14. It would suck to be Texas right now. At least Mack doesn't bitch like CPC. CMB > CPC- obviously head to head but also as a person.

15. All the shit about CWM bothers me. He just needs to go. For whatever reason, our defense has come up short too many times this year, and it's time to try someone new. Let's get Coach O to coach our D.

16. Paul Johnson at home with Tech against FBS opponents: 4-1.
Mark Richt at Tech's home against Tech: 4-0.

3 comments:

Slic Ric said...

Did you at least like the Big Daddy approach by just covering it up with newspaper? I can't believe you even noticed.

Charlie Dodson said...

As usual, I was thrilled with your approach.

You should come over to Athens this weekend and watch the SECCG after which we can have one last go-around downtown. I hope you're not satisfied with the way this weekend went down; I know I'm not.

Slic Ric said...

You are right. It wasn't the Senior day we had initially envisioned. I will give it serious consideration. Probability: 80%