Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Boise State Over Oklahoma


I'm hyperventilating.

Three tries for a two-point conversion.
Pick six.
Hook and ladder on fourth down to tie.
TD on first play of OT.
Fourth down, direct snap to receiver, throws tying TD.
Statue of Liberty play for the win.
Star tailback proposes to cheerleader girlfriend (Nice job giving it away, Chris Myers).

This isn't real. Not only has FOX taken over the BCS, they've started scripting the games, too.

Prediction: Louisville turns on Bobby Petrino tomorrow night after he tries to give Brian Brohm a cortizone shot at halftime. Michael Bush goes on to call a brilliant offensive game from his crutches on the sidelines, beginning what will become an illustrious coaching career.

10 comments:

PMac said...

My bowl picks have now become a nightmare.

Pinkie said...

That was the craziest ending I've ever seen. Too bad the game lasted until 12:30.

Slic Ric said...

I'm glad Georgia lost to WVU last year and not a mid-major like Boise St. Sucks to be a boomer sooner right now.

Barstool69 said...

How bad did we beat Boise last year?

Great game though...

lconneff said...

48-13.

By 5 touchdowns.

Charlie Dodson said...

4 games I will not forget...
BSU vs Oklahoma 2007
UGA vs VA Tech 2006
GSU vs Furman 2005?
BC vs Glynn 2000?

On a side note not related to Rick; I think USC won because CPC likes to blitz.

Slic Ric said...

Kirk herbstreit said USC blitzed just about every play. As a result, they covered (like they do 99% of the time), they won (like they do 95% of the time), and they'll probably be preseason #1 and end up in the national championship game again. It also remphasized why CPC is the best coach in the country, even better than CCP (Coach Chris Peterson whose becoming popular now). I also liked how CPC kept throwing deep late in the game when they had a decent lead. Even though he doesn't call the offensive plays it was his call go for the juggular and I don't think it was classless like some of the announcers were saying. Too bad CPC has never gameplanned against a QB as good as MS. I like Georgia as the TD favorite in next year's NC game over CPC and the mighty Trojans.

lconneff said...

Nobody has talked about how they essentially took the game out of Zabransky's hands in overtime. I mean, they tried a halfback pass on the very first play.

And I think it's safe to say that Ian Johnson got the biggest "win" of them all on the flight back last night.

Charlie Dodson said...

Umm next time, use some abr. to shorten your post.

JJBA said...

I don't care what the analyst and experts say. And even compared to last year's national championship, this was the best football game I have ever seen. I do not like Zabransky whatsoever though.