Thursday, January 05, 2012

Let's See How Long This Lasts...

I don't know if it's the new year or what, but tonight I felt compelled to write something on the blog. It seems like this place has been dying a slow death for a while now, and Twitter is a big reason for that, but it was really only early last year that the post count started doing a nosedive.

I'm not pulling a Barstool (obligatory shot at another blog member) or anything by demanding that everyone start posting here again. To be honest, I don't really give a damn what any of you do (unnecessary shot at everyone while I'm at it). But for some reason, I just decided to come back.

As someone who claims to be attempting to make a living as some kind of writer, it's probably a good idea to actually write some non-work stuff on occasion -- even if it's at a place that's going to get us all fired one day. I don't have anything specific to talk about tonight, but I had to get the ball rolling somehow.

This is starting to feel like a livejournal entry from 2003 about now, so I'll wrap up with a top five for old time's sake. Hopefully I don't get banned before I can make another post.

Top Five Songs of 2011

State Champion -- The Basement
Dum Dum Girls -- Coming Down
Wilco -- Born Alone
Drive-By Truckers -- Mercy Buckets
Lydia Loveless -- Crazy

Early front-runner for 2012: Justin Townes Earle -- Am I That Lonely Tonight?

3 comments:

Pl0we said...

I hope only in america makes a return

Slic Ric said...

Only in America will be revived in 2012. Take it to the bank.

Pl0we said...

post more rick!!!!!!