Tuesday, August 07, 2007

School Bad. Football Good.

Fall practice has started at the University of Georgia, and presumably every other major university in America. The Hall of Fame Game has already been played, albeit on the NFL Network. We’re all getting mentally prepared for the forthcoming Joey Harrington Experience. Summer is well past its climax and I’ll find myself already back in Athens come Wednesday afternoon. Yep, it’s almost time for real football, played on a real football field and, I hope, time for me and my fellow bloggers to start stepping up our collective game.

So, how to spend a week in America’s greatest college town with relatively little on the agenda? Let’s see. Should I…

…sit around all day in anticipation of The Home Team on 960, only to be disappointed when a certain co-host completely ruins the show for me?
…go for as many scenic drives down Milledge Avenue as possible once Fall Rush begins?
…hang out with underage football players at the trendiest of downtown bars?
…go to Blind Pig way too many times?
…or just bide my time until my first chance to be the third wheel when Rick and Donnie hit the town?

I’ll do each and every one of those things, of course, but the rest of the time will be used in preparing this year’s Only in America/Pure Football Baby preseason spectacular: predictions, rankings, hopefully all kinds of other stuff.

My hope is that, in addition to whatever I decide to post on my own, we can put together an official OIA/PFB preseason predictions post, so keep on the lookout. Over the next couple of days, I’ll figure out how that's going to work and keep you posted.

1 comment:

Slic Ric said...

I definitely think it's time to start back on Pure Football Baby. With nothing to do lately I've been jotting down some predictions. I'm taking these a little more seriously than last year too. I'll give a little sneak peak: Georgia 52 OSU...