Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I've Been Up/ And I've Been Down...

…but it’s good to be back/ in Athens-town.


Something about being back to within several hundred yards of the nation’s fifth-largest on-campus stadium gets my college football juices flowing again in a way they just never seem to in Savannah. Thus, I think I’ve got this Only in America official predictions business pretty well figured out already.

We’ll break things down into four separate categories: the mock Heisman ballot, the top 25, SEC predictions, and the other automatic BCS bids. And in order to maintain some level of suspense, I’d ask each of our contributors/“team members”, or whatever to send their picks directly to me at the e-mail address I just finished setting up: onlyina@gmail.com

I’m not going to set a deadline just yet, since we have several weeks before the season gets underway, but I really hope everyone can find a couple of minutes to send their picks to me eventually (don’t worry, I know I’ll end up reminding you incessantly).

And one more thing: I really don’t care how much time or effort you put into the picks, as long as you get them in to me. The whole idea is to get the blog’s consensus, not for everyone to do exhaustive research if they don’t want to. Obviously, some of us care a whole lot more about this meaningless crap than others, but it should be interesting to see what we all can agree upon.

Here’s a sample ballot (again, do not post your picks in the comments. Instead, send them to me at onlyina@gmail.com):

Heisman:
1. Tim Tebow, Florida
2. Erik Ainge, Tennessee
3. Gary Guyton, Georgia Tech
4. Kenny O’Neal, Tennessee
5. Mike Hunt, Mississippi State

Top 25:
1. USC
2. LSU
3. Florida, etc.

SEC:
East
1. Florida
2. Georgia
3. Kentucky
4. South Carolina
5. Tennessee
6. Vanderbilt

West
1. Alabama
2. Arkansas
3. Auburn
4. LSU
5. Miss. State
6. Ole Miss

SEC Winner: Florida

ACC Champ: Wake Forest
Big XII: Oklahoma
Big Ten: Ohio State
Big East: Louisville
Pac 10: USC


Simple enough, am i rite?

No comments: