Saturday, October 30, 2010

Best Basketball Memory


My best basketball memory was from my Senior year in highschool when we played in the St. Pius X basketball tournament. We werent playing against 'ace' but we were playing against some other southern bumpkins. The way I remember is probably different than the way some people remember it but remembering details is for librarians and historians.

Nearing halftime, my best bud and fellow teammate Donnie III was jawing with some shmuck from Crackerton, Fl. I landed a clean shoulder blow on the douche as he was mid sentence telling D that he lo0ked like that fag that used to punk people. What should have been called an intentional foul was considered a "clean" play by the officials. This pissed off slackjaw.

Next time down the court, we were on offense so I hide in my corner waiting for an open three point shot. McFuckerstein got in my grill and before I could knock his lights out Donnie came and knocked the dude right in the chest. Donnie was not as fortunate (nor was he as good of a basketball player) as me and a foul was called. It ended up not mattering.

Can't remember how that game ended. I think we won. Who cares? Winning is important to some people.

A friendship that I know will last forever no matter what comes between people is way more important. Happy birthday, Donnie.

4 comments:

JJBA said...

That guy looks exactly like Donnie.

anymouse said...

Moral of the story: Stars always get the calls, or the no-call in this case.

Snuffy said...

Happy birthday, Big D!

Shane said...

I thought it was obvious:

Lebron should have stayed in Cleveland...