Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Georgia- Florida



I get sick of the constant jean short references but come on.

I hadn't planned on going to THE game all year long. My thinking was this: I don't want to be down there if we lose. And if we win and I'm on Tybee, then it would be sweet enough. Well, I talked to Murray and he brought up a good point: if we win and we are down there, then it will be unbridled joy; and if we lose, then (ir)regardless of where we are, it will be absolutely terrible. So, we might as well go.



I don't want to miss a similar feeling.


My prediction

UGA 38
Florida 24



No celebrations. No brawls (on the field). No Florida coming out in black. After the game, Tebow makes a dash for the locker room instead of shaking 7's hand. CMR says it all with an " F-U" smile to CUM when they shake hands after the game.



In honor of this BIG DOG- here are 7 questions for all the Gator Fans in Savannah.

1: Did you apply to the University of Florida?
2: Have you been to Athens or Gainesville more?
3: Have you been to more UGA games or UF games?
4: Do you have more friends who have gone to UGA or more friends who have gone to UF?
5: Do you know more ex-UGA athletes or ex-UF athletes?
(From BC- Cannon twins, Sewell, Joe's dad, Mallard, Sewell, Rahal, Hissam... From other schools- Brophy, Edge, Dobbs, Fields)
6: Do you really think Tebow is cooler/ better than Knowshown?
7: If your goal is to be different, then why not just dress like this?



This way you'd be funny and we'd all see how different you were!


Durham Day is fast approaching. 10-6. GO DOGS!

7 comments:

Barstool69 said...

you got a ticket and a place to stay?

Charlie Dodson said...

1: Yes
2: I've got all day Saturday to find one.

Snuffy said...

That one in the middle looks a lot like you, Donnie.

sauers6 said...

Donnie, just for the sake of knowing that you love to argue for no apparent reason, here's my reply, but first of all. i want you to name all the florida fans you actually know in savannah and read this blog, kinda looked like you were calling me out here, so here's my reply.(Don't get your mangina all outta helter skelter for calling you out.)
1. No, I did not apply to the university of Florida one because I didnt want to go out of state because of tuition and two, I wouldnt of gotten in because the requirements were too high for me.
2. Athens, because that's where a lot of my friends went to school. Thus answering question 4.
3.I'm not exactly sure, it's a toss up.
4.See answer 2 above.
5.More x-grads would be UGA- Cannons, Joe's dad, sewell, hissam. those are the people i ACTUALLY KNOW. I'm not as much of a popular person as you.
X-uf atheletes. Hissam, Ed's older brother and a guy thats friends with ed hood who i've played poker w/ a couple times, he was a kicker, but and "athlete" none the less. So the answer would be uga.
6. Yes, i do. Hes white, i like that. I think knowshon is a good RB, but i prefer Tebow even if he has circumsized lil kids.
7. My goal is not to be different so this question does not apply.

Now, before i answered these questions i thought to myself, why didn't he ask WHY i was a florida fan first?
Well, the answer to that was because I my dad, ol sleepy or sparky whichever you prefer, raised me to like florida, like his dad raised him. and i picked up some of the same interests like you did from your dad. such as being a liberal and into unions and such. Now what do these answers proove? Just because some of my answers make u ask, gee why if hes such a florida fan does he do all these athens things and go to UGA games and such? the answer is because although im a huge fan of the gators, i have no problem w/uga, and the fact that i was raised in a place where everybody likes uga and goes to uga, im not gonna stop liking people and change who i hang out with..thats just stupid.

I think its going to be a fun weekend and honestly i hope i get to see yall...we have 4 parking spots in the tailgaitors lot thats not to far from the stadium. yall come have a couple beers and have a good time.

Charlie Dodson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlie Dodson said...

Snuffy- I used to skateboard. You should have seen me back then. I was emo before emo was cool.(See SMS yearbook circa 97').

Sauers- I wasn't calling just you out. And I didn't mean to imply that just because someone doesn't go to a school, then it makes them any less of a fan of that place. (See Rick and USC compared to Demott and Tech).

Next, we all get our beliefs from our parents. In a round-about way, I wanted to get you, and others, to admit that deep down you do pull for Georgia when they aren't playing Florida, and if you do root against Georgia, then there are still some redeemable qualities about UGA.

Also, this was my way of trash-talking. I hope that more Florida fans read this post than this you. (Although again, I knew you would read it.)It gets boring talking about how our guys will beat your guys year after year. I was simply trying to "get" you and others by posing questions I knew would result in answers that seemed like you (yall) were closet GA fans.

This is a heated rivalry to be sure. But that's what makes it so fun. I did not intend to hurt your feelings or even criticize you for who you like or even why you like them. I asked some questions which I thought would be hard to answer. You answered them, and I see where you're coming from now. Don't get me wrong. This isn't apology. Although sometimes apologizing is the right thing to do...

See you at the game. Go Dogs.

anymouse said...

I thought that was Parker Bradshaw in the middle.